Thea

Meeting other families with ASD children

Hello to everyone,

We are a home educating family in North Nottinghamshire with two young asd boys and would love to hear from any other families in the area. Feel free to post to my in box.

Best wishes

Thea

Welcome to the forum.

Afraid I can't help with meeting anyone (I'm a TA not a parent and live up North in Durham) like the others though. Have you noticed we're having a meet in London (Greenwich) next month. If you can make it you'd be more than welcome. Last year some members brought their children and I know for some that is the case again this year. Might be a chance for you to at least meet some other parents. It gets a wide range of people coming. Check Off Topic if you're interested. :)

hi, think im being a bit thick as i cant work out how to pm you!!!! i live in rutland so not sure how far i am from you but hopefully not 2 far. i have one son with a dx for asd and another currently undergoing assessment. would be great if we could meet up!

Hello to everyone,

We are a home educating family in North Nottinghamshire with two young asd boys and would love to hear from any other families in the area. Feel free to post to my in box.

Best wishes

Thea

hi, think im being a bit thick as i cant work out how to pm you!!!!

I'll talk you through it tomorrow (unless someone beats me to it) but it's wayyy past my bedtime at the mo :)

Meanwhile, sorry Thea, I too am 'out of range', but welcome to the forum :D

My daughter attends a SEN school where the majority of children have an ASD. We have coffee mornings, social events e.g. summer barbecues, disco's etc and parents from all schools or HE are invited. it maybe worth 'phoning a local SEN school to see if they have similar sessions. Also have you attended parent carer sessions at your local Carer's Centre or they could put you in touch with other families like yourselves. The Wacky Warehouse have a Special Friends session for children who have SN.

Tilly

Thank you so much you lovely people, so hearting to know there are such thoughtful people on here to talk to. Off to find out where Rutland is now and will mail you in the morning. Have heard of it so can't be that far away.

Hi BJK mummy -

I just realised i totally forgot this :o:o

I'll talk you through it tomorrow (unless someone beats me to it) but it's wayyy past my bedtime at the mo :)

Meanwhile, sorry Thea, I too am 'out of range', but welcome to the forum :D

Hopefullty someone else has talked you through PM's but if not post here or start a new topic to remind me...

But : At the top of the page in the 'log in' task bar you'll see an underlined 'my controls'. Click on that and then go to 'Compose new message'. In the recipients name typr the member you want to send it to. Give the message a title ('hello' will do!). type your message in the main area and then hit 'send' or 'preview'... job done, once you hit send.

Also, if you're replying directly by PM to a member's post you can just click on their name when you hover over it and select 'send message' from the drop down list.

:D

Edited by baddad

Hello to everyone,

Best wishes

Thea

Hi Thea Welcome to the Forum. :) Karen.