Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tracey L

No one wants to know what i have got to say.

Guest Tracey L

I hardly ever get a response on here.

I will be heard by the UK government, not just for my child but for every child in the UK with an ASD.

I have a big mouth and i wont stop until my son gets the education he is entitled to. My dad always told me ' if you want something you have to go and get it'.

My son is a clever, articulate, sensitive 5 year old who already wants to go to a science school.

He doesn't want to hang round the streets sniffing glue, stabbing other kids and drinking red bull laced with vodka.

Am i right?

Should i shout it from the rafters that my son is different?

I am sick of ignorant idiots that would not know how to tie their shoe laces (unless there was a diagram in front of them) making snidey comments and even gesticulating with their hands that they would like to slap my child because he is a brat ( Ihave heard that said before too).

I will be heard, simple as. His last headteacher was a small minded bigot, i have complained to the authorities about her and quite frankly if i was her i would be ashamed to collect my salary.

Watch this space.

Hi Tracey

Sorry you feel that nobody wants to know what you have got to say and that you don't get a response :unsure:

I think as far as being heard from the government, many of us have felt like that at times (many times I should think), however it is VERY difficult to be heard no matter how determined you are as many of us have already found out. Short of dressing up as batman and chaining yourself to railings the only way I have found to be in any way effective (and believe me I've tried lots... newspapers, local tv news, writing letters to PM and cabinet ministers etc etc) is to go through the proper channels...ie, requesting statutory assessment, tribunal appeals etc.

Hope you can get somewhere and if you have specific questions or specific areas of difficulty I'm sure you'll get a response if you describe then in post on the forum. There is a lot of knowledge and experience kicking around on the forum so do give it a chance.

Flora :)

Sorry you feel you're not being heard on here :(

I think Flora has made a very good point about going through the proper channels.

Does your son have a Statement?

Bid :)

Hi Tracey,

I hope you can get the support and understanding you need for your child, my son is 12 and I'm still going at it, I don't suppose I'll ever stop either!

gothschild

Has your son got a dx, I find it soo helpful when people add this to the bottom of their posts, its so hard isnt it. sorry if noone answers, the nights I post on here am usually desparate, most nigths :tearful: will loook out for you. Enid

Hi

I think if you feel you aren't being heard by other people that could contribute to making a difference for your son, then you are absolutely right to make yourself heard. Couldn't help but think from the tone of your post that you're pretty fired up (I know that feeling well - I feel like I'm constantly battling for my son). Guess, my advice (for what that's worth) is to be cautious/careful about not only what you say, but the way you say it.

I visit this forum pretty much every day and read quite a lot of posts, although I don't reply to every one I read. I think in some cases, people just want to be heard/listened and sometimes I feel a response isn't always necessary. In addition, on occasions I've perhaps not had as many replies to my posts, but that may come down to whose reading them and whether they've experienced the same thing as I'm going through and whether repliers feel they can/nnot post a helpful response.

Caroline.

Im pretty new here so still working out who is who n what their little people have etc but didnt want to read n run.

There are ways to get what you want - you have to play the system. There are no short-cuts or magic wands, but you can learn from the experience of other's.

I have heard that the book called "Surviving the Special Educational Needs System: How to be a Velvet Bulldozer" is good.

Hello Tracey, if you want to join a group to try and raise awareness and change the SEN in this country you can go to facebook and register and then search for SENsible education.

If you have any questions i'm sure you will get answers, I try to answer if I have any feedback, support or knowledge to give. Unfortunately I don't always get to visit every day, but I deffinately understand your frustration. X

Hi Tracey, No one would listen to us so we went to our MP, he was fantastic and helped us a lot, it is worth a try. Good luck, we are all here to lend an ear when you are down. Keep posting.

I'm sorry you feel you hardly ever get a response on here. I don't know why you would feel that way since all of your posts have had replies. I don't know quite what you were hoping for, but there are many reasons why people may not reply to a post. Trying to make them feel guilty for not replying enough is unlikely to result in helpful replies.

Your post hit home to me . I hate the fight. and have considered chaining myself outside the education dept just to get their attention! Why oh Why do we have to fight so dam hard to get our children the help and support they need.

I am at the "locked horns " stage with the LEA over statement hours and it's money! My child is dependent on their budget!

It is at best DISGUSTING not only do I have to bring up my child I have to fight tooth and nail to try to get him the help he NEEDS and DESERVES!

I have been told his dx is "meerly a pointer" in the help he needs? I am sick of people who do not know my son being able to make desisions that could impact on his life.

Please feel free to pm me if you want to vent. I think I know how you feel.

lin