warrenpenalver

continuity error in films

Watched the new Indiana Jones movie today. Noticed a big continuity error.

about 15minutes into the film indy and his son are sitting in a cafe with a red sauce and a yellow sauce bottle on table.

They have an arguement and stand up knocking the two bottles over.

The screen angle changes and the two bottles are quite clearly standing again!!!

Then when it switches back to the original angle the bottles are clearly still onthier side!!! Indy then puts the bottles upright again.

How cool is that??? talk about screwing up!!!! :hypno::devil:

:robbie::robbie::robbie::robbie::robbie::robbie::robbie:

I always spot continuity errors in things and it really really bothers me. I should have been a proof reader because I spot them in books too (amazing how many errors of 'continuity' crop up in the best sellers etc).

Flo'

Continuity guy on Dr Who must have the easiest job on the planet... anything he misses they just explain as 'an anomoly in the space/time continuum' and the spoddy little fan wanders away going 'oh, yes - now why didn't i think of that... it'll probably be hugely significant in some future episode - how exciting!'...

Supposedly, In Ben Hur one of the chariot racers is wearing a watch throughout the whole scene...

One of the biggest continuity 'slips' I've seen lately was on 'My name is Earl'. For most of series one it was funny, and so was series two. Most of series three has been cr*p! :lol:

My daughter spots them, and anachronisms, and then wants to discuss them in the middle of the film. :angry:

One of her best was in Troy. As the city panics, one rustic type is seen leading his llamas to safety.

Llamas? In Troy? Good job it was a DVD we were watching.

My daughter spots them, and anachronisms, and then wants to discuss them in the middle of the film. :angry:

Your daughter has spots and anachronisms? You can get away with squeezing the former, but she'll definitely need ointment for the latter! :)

One of her best was in Troy. As the city panics, one rustic type is seen leading his llamas to safety.

Llamas? In Troy? Good job it was a DVD we were watching.

Yeah - Llamas in troy! :rolleyes: How could anyone miss that!? :unsure::whistle:

My favourite favourite favourite continuity blip (well, it's not really continuity, but it sort of is)...

There's this old B&W Tarzan film (Johnny Weismuller?), and he's standing talking to jane about this baby elephant that has been hit with a poisoned dart and if he doesn't find a leaf to make the antidote soon the baby lephant will DIE :o:o ...

BUT- this gorgeous, cute-as-a-chinese-baby baby elephant is standing behind them gloriously rocking from left to right and waving his trunk in the air... he is without a doubt the happiest, most contented, glowing and healthy looking elephant i have EVER seen. He makes Dumbo look sinister! He is Garjuss.... If you made elephant food you'd want this elephant on the front of every packet...

It is the elephant equivelent of Shirley Temple... It has dimples!

Anyway, you get the picture - it's a well well looking baby elephant.

Whatever they put in poison darts these days...... ;)

First time i saw it I had one of those laying-on-the-floor-crying-with-everyone-looking-at-you-like-your-mental fits... i doubt it would ever have the same effect again, but it's a 'feelgood' moment none the less.

:D

[quote name='baddad' date=

but it's a 'feelgood' moment none the less.

was it sort of like that feel good moment you said you had when you first met me honey? :wub:

Apart from continuity errors and very healthy baby elephants... what about stupid movie titles?

I remember one day looking through the tv guide for a film to watch and there was an oldie on.... The LAST Voyage... :huh::rolleyes: I mean what's the point in watching it when you know what's gonna happen just be the title?

Flo' :)

I like films with titles that say what they mean: 'Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes' 'Kill Bill' ' Tarzan and the Lost City'

Nice and clear.

[quote name='baddad' date=

but it's a 'feelgood' moment none the less.

was it sort of like that feel good moment you said you had when you first met me honey? :wub:

Hev - I'm describing seeing a baby elephant! :lol::lol:

You really should read the whol post, you know! :D

I like films with titles that say what they mean: Tarzan and the Lost City'

Nice and clear.

Clear as mud! He found it. It should have been called 'Tarzan and the FOUND city'

There was a classic film festival at out cinema years ago, and i was gonna take ben's mum to see Moby Dick. She said 'I don't like sex films' I said 'It's not a sex film - it's about whales', she said 'I don't like the Welsh either'...

I want to watch Indiana Jones now just to say I've spotted the sauce bottles. Theres a man wearing a cloth cap in a crowd scene in "El Cid".

There was a classic film festival at out cinema years ago, and i was gonna take ben's mum to see Moby Dick. She said 'I don't like sex films' I said 'It's not a sex film - it's about whales', she said 'I don't like the Welsh either'...

:lol::clap:

:P

Hev - I'm describing seeing a baby elephant! :lol::lol:

You really should read the whol post, you know! :D

:P