Sign in to follow this  
soraya

chewing gum arghhh

Nick has just come home and taken his mobile out of his pocket and, yes you guessed!! ITS COVERED IN MELTED CHEWING GUM!!!! I only bought this phone last week because the last one ended up on the bottom of the fishing lake!!! Has anyone any ideas as how you get melted gum off things, l cant put it in the freezer like you would clothing :wallbash::wallbash: My lovely son is sooo accident prone :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Can you scrape it off or is it on the screen?

tried scrapping it off, the trouble is its between the keys, oh well another mobile bites the dust, l shall have shares in vodafone soon!!!

remove battery and sim and stick it in freezer then chip off the gum using a small screwdriver and a pin to get between thr keys.

Then leave it in hot airing cupboard for at least 24 hours to ensure its totally dry inside.

Worth a try!! My mobile phone modem got wet in rain but dried out in airing cupboard and works fine now.

Considering it is dead if you don't remove the chewing gum, it might be worth trying freezing it to see.

tried scrapping it off, the trouble is its between the keys, oh well another mobile bites the dust, l shall have shares in vodafone soon!!!

Hi Soraya,

Will it come apart - can the keypad be removed etc

Take care,

Jb

You could try spraying it woth something that's freeze it? then you could chip it off......quite what would be suitable eludes me at the mo, though.....i shall think about it, but cant promise the rusty cogs will turn!!

Can you not remove the battery/simcard/memory card etc and THEN put it into freezer? Might that be worth a try if all else fails?

Ooh....good luck!!

Esther x