Kathryn

Wimbledon: Murray vs Gasquet - I was there.

Well not in Centre Court but on the hill, just outside. :D

Did you see it? :thumbs: How the heck he managed to win it I don't know. :unsure:

The atmosphere was amazing and it was great to almost be there. I never thought I'd go to Wimbledon and end up watching a screen but it was just so compelling we couldn't leave. saw some other good matches too I'm a bit sunburnt today as it was really hot all day.

If you aren't a tennis fan:

1) ignore this thread

2) I weep for you - you don't know what you're missing. :P

K x

Edited by Kathryn

Hi K,

I was not keen on Murray however he has changed his attitude now.

The match was fab.

I would love to go to Wimbleton. How do you get tickets.

lyn

Ive been watching i love it. Couldnt believe his win last night it was amazing!! He is playing my fave tomorrow rafeal nadal dont know who i want to win :crying: !! I also enjoy watching Lleyton Hewitt although he has been knocked out now :rolleyes: I have always wanted to go to Wimbledon.

2) I weep for you - you don't know what you're missing. :P

I'm working on the strawberries 'n' cream part of Wimbledon :eat1::lol:

I would love to go to Wimbleton. How do you get tickets.

Do it - it's easier than you think. :) It's probably one of the most inclusive sporting events in the world.

To get tickets you can:

- queue up on the day (as I did this time). The queue is an experience in itself and quite good fun. To have a realistic chance of getting in for the start of play at 12 noon you need to be there by about 9 am at the latest. If you want Centre or no. 1 court you have to camp out the night before - sometimes two nights before if someone popular is playing. If you go later in the day you can still get in, although you wouldn't see a full day's play. Once in the grounds you can queue for a resold show court ticket - this is a good way of getting on to Centre or no 1. Even if you don't get on a show court, a normal ground admission ticket is still excellent value for money especially in the first week when there are more matches.

- join the Lawn Tennis Association and get show court tickets in their ballot. I've been successful on about 3 occasions in the last decade.

- enter the Wimbledon public ballot - details of how to do this are on the Wimbledon site. I've not done this so i don't know what the chances of success are.

Murray is a different player to Henman - they both handle the pressure in their own way and are different personalities, I think. Tim was more contained and quiet but then so is Federer, and look how successful he is! If Murray's shouting and gesturing help him win, he should go for it!

K x

Murray is a different player to Henman - they both handle the pressure in their own way and are different personalities, I think. Tim was more contained and quiet but then so is Federer, and look how successful he is! If Murray's shouting and gesturing help him win, he should go for it!

K x

Kathryn, I used to watch the tennis when I was younger and was very into it. Haven't watch it at all for absolutely years (at least 15!). However, I went to some friends' on Friday night after the pub for some food and they'd taped the tennis and I sat there transfixed... forgot how compulisive it is once you start watching it!

Oh, and did I tell you the story about when I met Tim Henman? :whistle: (only about a thousand times she says! :lol:

Flora :D

Hi, I have never ever ever been interested in Tennis until this week, its been so exciting, I was wondering weather Im just getting older, maturing to like things I wondered why on earth older generations sit there tossing there head side to side looking emotionless at a ball, but this week has been very different and Im with Andy Murry he is amazing this year, he certainly looks strong and is he doing a bit of weight training as he seems to have bigger biceps, I didnt know much about murry and so I went on his website, hes a surviver of the Dunblane masicare and he has a book out about his successes and difficulties he has had to face, he started to play at three and became pro at 18.

Ive loved the tennis, please dont tell me its my age, because I think this year it is kind of special, I do remember others winning that plate trophy as a kid and wondered what all the fuss was, now I know, glad you enjoyed the screen kathryn.

JsMum

Typical.

I watched 15mins of the match when he was 2-0 down.

Then I switched the TV off....

:robbie:

Oh, and did I tell you the story about when I met Tim Henman? :whistle: (only about a thousand times she says! :lol:

Yes you did here :D And it's a great story too. :lol:

A long while ago now I got a signed postcard from Steffi Graf after I wrote to her and asked. She was always my favourite player. :thumbs:

J's mum - lots of younger people like tennis too nowadays and I think it's shaken its stuffy image. Wimbledon is full of teenagers. It's just that the camera tends to focus on the ageing celebrities in the royal box - which perhaps gives the wrong impression. :rolleyes:

K x

k you are the first person i think of when wimbledon starts!!

is it just wimbledon you watch or do you follow tennis all year round?

i havent watched tennis this year but i had a right old go at nick this week for commenting on the womens legs,he wont be doing that again!!

i had a right old go at nick this week for commenting on the womens legs,he wont be doing that again!!

Aaaah, so that's what it was all about :o Well you certainly taught him a lesson hev :o:lol:;)

k you are the first person i think of when wimbledon starts!!

is it just wimbledon you watch or do you follow tennis all year round?

i havent watched tennis this year but i had a right old go at nick this week for commenting on the womens legs,he wont be doing that again!!

I follow it all year, especially the other major tournaments: the French, Aussie and US Opens, although as we only have terrestrial tv I don't get to see many matches. Funny, because I wasn't particularly interested when I was young!

Don't have a go at Nick - he's entitled to enjoy the legs. Where would tennis be without legs? :) There are plenty of lovely male legs to admire if you want to get your own back. :dance::devil:

K x

Aaaah, so that's what it was all about :o Well you certainly taught him a lesson hev :o:lol:;)

Don't have a go at Nick - he's entitled to enjoy the legs. Where would tennis be without legs? :) There are plenty of lovely male legs to admire if you want to get your own back. :dance::devil:

K x

Thinking out loud about men. :lol: I think the only way they would not look at the opposite sex, is if they were dead iykwim.

As long as they look at the menu but dont touch.

Do you have anything like AFL, they the guys wear short short shorts and you can see them flex their mmmm, real close Hev, :lol: way to go. :thumbs::notworthy: if its good for them to do it, its good for us. Plus its good to have a bit of a snigger, payback. :D:lol::clap:

:lol:

:D

Oh I didn't even watch Lleyton Hewitt and Federer as I just couldnt watch. Its always the same. A let down. Oh well, he has played quite well considering. :)

I put my tennis legs on this week and had a bit of a rally with a friend, and I was pleasantly surprised with my serve, did a couple of aces. yayyyy!!!! Came home and flopped, it was exhausting. But I love that feeling. :D

Fran x

Edited by Frangipani