Bard

Time to practise what I preach

I've got 2 ASD children with a dx in my class next year...

going to be interesting.

So I will need a pinned thread labelled 'Bard wants to ask/know/find out....' please!

:thumbs:

It wasn't meant to be an opportunity for people to say nice things about me. although thank you for that.

With the help of you all, I might be able to get it as right as possible for these two very different children, and then the whole school can learn more about ASDs and the need for an individual and intelligent approach to a need, rather than 'Well, you've got B so you will know what to do...'

I've got Y3/4 next year, and one of the ASD children is new to the school, so the whole environment will be different for him, he's down from Leeds.

It wasn't meant to be an opportunity for people to say nice things about me. although thank you for that.

With the help of you all, I might be able to get it as right as possible for these two very different children, and then the whole school can learn more about ASDs and the need for an individual and intelligent approach to a need, rather than 'Well, you've got B so you will know what to do...'

I've got Y3/4 next year, and one of the ASD children is new to the school, so the whole environment will be different for him, he's down from Leeds.

Bard, the fact that you're a mum of an AS child coupled with your desire to listen to the opinions of others has to be a massive step already towards ensuring that the those two kids have a good school year. :D

Flora

edited for typing and spelling!

Edited by Flora

I've got 2 ASD children with a dx in my class next year...

going to be interesting.

So I will need a pinned thread labelled 'Bard wants to ask/know/find out....' please!

:thumbs:

They'll be in good hands :thumbs:

It;s lovely to know that, as a teacher, you care enough to want to know!!!!!!!!!!
I'm a teacher of cfhildren with ASDs myself ... in my experience most teachers care and want to know and understand the pupils they work with!

I'm a teacher of cfhildren with ASDs myself ... in my experience most teachers care and want to know and understand the pupils they work with!

It is fantastic when a teacher actively seeks information/input/knowledge about ASDs. In my experience, that happens far too rarely, if at all. :(

Big >:D<<'> to all you teachers who do!

Lizzie :)

Hey Bard >:D<<'> Have they got transition sorted? Photos etc...

You will be fab >:D<<'>

(M's best 121 was unqualified, and new to working with kids - but she was amazing, because she listened to me, autism outreach and importantly m, and cared about her job.)