Imelda

I give up!

:wallbash: Our son does not like my MIL. He gets upset and puts his hands over his ears. She is the only person he does this to.

He does have people he likes more than others, at school, home, respite etc, but this extreeme reaction is reserved just for her.

I had a brainwave today, she knocked on the door with a chicken she'd got us, and i had our sons hand and said "Give nanny this money" and put �3 in his hand. He went up to her, and gave her the money! :dance: THEN she straight away, in full view of our son gave the �3 back to my husband! She missed the whole point! She said i don't want the money.

I give up now. If she ever moans again about him not liking her, i'll just tell her shes ignored all our suggestions so i don't blame him.

You poor thing and your poor son, :(

you really tried so if there's any issue it's with her I think not your son

no wonder he doesn't like her if she doesn't even try to pick up on your suggestions

glad i got rid of my revolting mother in law,she was evil :devil:

nicks mum is fabby :thumbs: i,myself am going to be the perfect mother in law ;)

Not a nice situation to be in. My son was the same with my mother in law.

She asked me to meet her once down our local shops when my son saw her he ran up to her but she ignored him. She was with a friend and walked passed him to look in a shop window. She said good bye to her friend waited for her to get some distance then tried to say hallo to my son.

My son was so confused and he has not talked to her since and every time she comes round he disappears up stairs.

I did confront her about her behaviour and did not talk to her again for two years.

My mother in-law is very loud when she talks and now my son is older he can articulate he finds too many people talking hurts his brain.

She asked me to meet her once down our local shops when my son saw her he ran up to her but she ignored him. She was with a friend and walked passed him to look in a shop window. She said good bye to her friend waited for her to get some distance then tried to say hallo to my son.

How horrible and rude. So she is ashamed of her grandson then? I know what I would have done, turned tail and gone home and given her a taste of her own foul medicine. Or said very loudly HELLO MOTHER IN LAW I HAVE BOUGHT YOUR GRANDCHILD TO SEE YOU. WHAT A PITY YOU FELT TOO ASHAMED OF HIM FOR YOUR FRIEND TO MET HIM, then gone home.

Not a nice situation to be in. My son was the same with my mother in law.

My son was so confused and he has not talked to her since and every time she comes round he disappears up stairs.

I did confront her about her behaviour and did not talk to her again for two years.

My mother in-law is very loud when she talks and now my son is older he can articulate he finds too many people talking hurts his brain.

Just sounds like mine! She has a big mouth, you hear her before you see her. When she talks, she talks to the whole shop or street.

I think she enjoys the fact he doesn't like her, after all, she can't look after the kids if we want a night out can she? Mind you i wouldn't trust her with a rag doll never mind my kids.

Just sounds like mine! She has a big mouth, you hear her before you see her. When she talks, she talks to the whole shop or street.

I think she enjoys the fact he doesn't like her, after all, she can't look after the kids if we want a night out can she? Mind you i wouldn't trust her with a rag doll never mind my kids.

Amen