bjkmummy

had some bad news - positive vibes please needed

Ben in a mainstream school but is part of the asd unit so also has his mainstream teacher plus a special needs teacher to help him with his english / maths etc

Just found out tonight that his special needs teacher who has been off sick at the moment has in fact got breast cancer and will this week have a double mascetomy. it has come as quite a shock as she is such an amazing woman and ben has had such a special bond with her. obviously its now the school holidays so cant really find out more until the start of term

im so sad about the news and would be grateful if everyone could send positive vibes for her and lets hope she makes a quick and full recovery asap

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

Edited by bjkmummy

Hi

Just sending lots of these >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> :pray:

I know a lot about this, because of my ex. Having a double masectomy is more a precautionary recommendation these days if there is a history of breast cancer in the family. It doesnt mean that the cancer is so aggressive that she is forced to have a dm.

Especially if the cancer is premenopausal it is much more important. The problem with breast cancer if it is premenopausal is that it is often much more aggressive than it is if it is post menopausal.

This was a really tough concern for my ex, having lost his wife to breast cancer. He was struggling with the do I have the discussion with my daughter about having this if it is in her genes talk. So I got a full on education about breast cancer. But all the latest research is saying that if there is a history you need to have regular mammograms and seriously have some tests done to see if it is in your genetic makeup if your mum or grandmother had it. :( And they are saying it is a life decision do it now before you get it factor. On top of that their aunt and uncle were pushing for them to have tests for Cystic fibrosis because that gene was in their family also.

We really dont realise how precious our health is when you see families like this coping with these genetic conditions. I know them both oh so well from my ex's family. His brother and sister in law lost a daughter 13 and a son 28 to cystic fibrosis, so much sadness in one family. No wonder they found it hard to come together went my family brought autism and brain tumours to the party. Well his daughter ended up with a brain tumour too. So the discussion of breast cancer never evolved, but she is an amazing person his daughter. Very courageous.

Its amazing how adrenalin and support gets you through these 'unexpected uninvited' health conditions. It can take away our spirit or make us ten times stronger. But, all in all, we all fluctuate back and forth from one to the other.

It is very humbling. You realise each day we have is a blessing.

:(

Our prayers are with anyone reading this touched by any genetic illness as above. Many suffer in silence. :(>:D<<'>

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

:pray::pray::pray:

Love

Fran xx >:D<<'>

Edited by Frangipani

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> I hope she recovers quickly from the surgery and goes on to do well.Karen. Edited by Karen A