keepingmesane

Always stripping off

all of my children seem to have a major preference of stripping off their clothes. mainly its jas, isaac and lauren who do it and no matter what i do they continue to strip and then happily run about and play, kieran strips off whenever he gets upset with something or someone

now in general i dont really mind as frankly they are all still quite young and its just that stage (though we have been in it for over a year now)

but i have family who are having a real go at me about it and feel i should be doing something about it. its really only in our house (they try it in grandparents but mum hates it so spends all her time chasing them)

but i dont know what more to do, ive tried everything and short of physically fighting them to redress them every two minutes, its just a losing battle.

if their clothes get even a spot of dirt or wet on then off they come. they just seem to prefer being without clothes.

please tell me im not alone? am i really bad for not fighting with them about it? i just feel its a battle i cant win

its costing a fortune in washing too :rolleyes:

u are definately not alone!!! this is something blaine has always done,,,,,we have got it now though so its only at our house as he would do it anywhere? ie in the middle of millets shop,,we were looking for a new tent,,the staff there thought it was hilarious,,i was embarassed to say the least,,,,if we try and dress him now he asks where we going????? he associates clothing with going out??? he will keep them on whilst out now but as soon as we are home they come off,,,its mainly the bottom half i dont know why,,sometimes he can tolerate a t shirt ,,but hates pants and so on,,he prefers to wear shorts all the time no matter what the weather is like,,and will only wear long trousers to school cos its uniform!! we had trouble trying to get him to wear shorts to school cos he says they are not uniform??? even though they are,,,,iukwim,,o/t have said this is sensory with blaine,,so u are not alone and we have got to the stage where if its at home it is fine,,we gave up fighting to redress him a long time ago,,,,blaine is now 6 and has always done it ,we are just hoping that he will grow out of it eventually!!!!!!!!!!!otherwise will have a naturist on our hands i think ha ha,,,jo

hi you are not alone in this g is always taking his cloths off he loves it, i dont mind to much in the house but we were in a supermarket the other day and he started taking of his trousers off, i explained that was a big no no but he keep saying his knickers were hurting, at home he sleeps in buff

and i let him have a hr or so in the morning, then we come to an agreement that it is very cold and he must get dressed, but when ever he gos for a wee he strips off again,like you say it is not 2 bad at young age, just hope hes not like it at 21 :thumbs::thumbs:

jo jones its the same for g he will keep t shirt on but nothing else socks are a big no and trousers

theresa

Edited by tjw

phew glad to know im not alone :) yep mine always ask me where they are going when i try to dress them :rolleyes:

i just wish family wouldnt keep moaning and would be thankful that they havent gone public yet :lol:

its quite funny when he runs to the door b4 we can get they and greets pizza man in buff, and asks for his sauce pizza (cannot tell g what is in pizza he would not eat it so it is known as a sauce pizza cheese and tom) but eating is a whole different story could go on for ages about that one, :notworthy:

theresa

i agree,,blaine does not seem to feel the cold so that dont bother him,,, and the same if he goes to toilet,,they have to come off,,,,,and sleeps naked aswell,,,he looks sooooo funny on his trampoline out back in the buff ha ha,,kids eh????????????? :lol::lol: ,

do u have to peel it apart aswell??????????? ha ha,,if a bit of sauce is runny thats it in the bin it goes,,,dont do anything wet?????????????????????????

all our family just got used to it now cos it is who he is and would never change him,,,,they call him the naked one,,,,,,and they ask has he got clothes on tday then????? they know what my answer is gonna be ha ha

yes i have to peel the top off if it to soggy then hello bin he wont eat nothing wet have tryed tommy sauce on his micro chips you would have thought i was trying to poison him, have to be micro chips because they are dry as sticks( which he will only eat at home his nan has just sent down a load what he refusers to eat up at her house so now she is left with just yorkie puddings (dry of course) what he will eat up they, do have to have a good giggle at how strange his food habits are, i did get very stressed at one point about it but then i thought thats no use because hes not doing it on purpose its just g like you say its second nature to me now and would most defo never change him for the world hes my perfect little man (sometimes) :thumbs::thumbs:

theresa

sausage and pale toast are his faves,,,,and yoghurt drinks,,,,,,he went to see dietician last year and we dun a plan of what he does eat and she said its fine so i dont worry now cos i was really stressed bout it,, if we go out for a meal he will sit and eat a gammon steak and nothing else off the plate?? i have had comments b4 from pople cos he has ice cream after??? cos he didnt eat his food so why should he have ice cream?????i didnt feel i had to explain his issues to tom,,dick or harry so i politely said mind ur own business ha ha ,the looks we get are really funny,,,,,,

sausage and pale toast are his faves,,,,and yoghurt drinks,,,,,,he went to see dietician last year and we dun a plan of what he does eat and she said its fine so i dont worry now cos i was really stressed bout it,, if we go out for a meal he will sit and eat a gammon steak and nothing else off the plate?? i have had comments b4 from pople cos he has ice cream after??? cos he didnt eat his food so why should he have ice cream?????i didnt feel i had to explain his issues to tom,,dick or harry so i politely said mind ur own business ha ha ,the looks we get are really funny,,,,,,

when we go out to eat (which is not very often) g will only have ice cream, going out to eat seems to send him in to meltdown he gets realy nervous and can not sit still ( starts sweating and shaking)so we dont do it to often, also his fav food is what he calls yellow toast no crusts and loves yoghurt drinks and pots only meat he has ever eaten is a burger, we have him on vitamins as well seen health visitor and she says he is fit and healthy on this diet, i feel pressure from others about this, always saying he should be eating veg i wish it was that easy, but we dont eat what we dont like and its worse for g because its a sensory thing going on, tony attwoods book gives me hope because he says they tend to get better with age i can not wait for the day when he asks for a sunday roast ha ha i may be old and gray by them but i will jump up and make it for him

theresa :rolleyes::rolleyes:

blaine has never even tried a sunday lunch!!! he will eat the meat but no more,,,he wanted to try school dinners last year and we thought breakthrough,,,not....... they only informed me 2 months later after they had my money that blaine was only eating a slice of bread and dry cake,,,,,,,,,,!!!!!! i was tampin that they hadnt informed me as i had asked them to keep eye on him?????????,,soooo back to same sarnies everyday,,,but at least he will eat them,,,,oh the life of sensory integration disorder,,,,,,,,and the people who just dont understand difference!!!!!!!!!!!!

g takes jam sarnies in for lunch at school when he first started i had to put cold toast in for him but we progressed to staw jam no bits in, but towards the end off term he was not eating these so he was having dry bread, i am at mo trying new filling for him but he will not even taste them so i am quite concerned for next term , hopefully he will go back on to jam if not then i can go back to cold toast, we stayed for dinners once i was invited as well it was shepards pie and g ate a slice of dry bread only would not even have a dessert so we havent tryed since with school dinners, at least with pack lunch i can tell what he is eating and not eating because the send all rubbish home with them, but found out he was giving his bananna to a boy sat next to him, bless he didnt try to hide the fact i just said well done you ate your banana today and he said no i didnt i gave it to sam :wallbash:

theresa

blaine has ham sarnies,a frosties bar,grapes and a kit kat,,they sent me a note home to say the children could not take chocolate to school??????? i sent them a really nice,,not,,,,,reply explaining bout sensory issues and so on,and also went on to tell them that a kit kat only contains 107 calories,,and that i would be continuing to send them to school with blaine as they cannot dictate what he is to eat,,as overall his lunch box was quite healthy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blaine has ham sarnies,a frosties bar,grapes and a kit kat,,they sent me a note home to say the children could not take chocolate to school??????? i sent them a really nice,,not,,,,,reply explaining bout sensory issues and so on,and also went on to tell them that a kit kat only contains 107 calories,,and that i would be continuing to send them to school with blaine as they cannot dictate what he is to eat,,as overall his lunch box was quite healthy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi jo back in now

how can they try to tell you not to send in choc when school dinners have desert (custard ect) g takes in a pk crisp and also coco pop bar i always put in a peice of fruit but it always comes home with him, i have just come back and grandad has had g all day guess what he is still fully clothed ha ha

theresa

My lads school tell the kids what they can n cant take it is getting to the point im considering parking up by the gates with lunch he will eat each day or he will starve himself!!!

mines exactly the same will only get dressed if he knows he is going out the door, will spend hours naked , i mean hours. cant tolerate the slightest bit of water anywhere , a single drop clothes will come off, tries to do it at other peoples houses but so far keeps them on when out. he is 6

reece is exactly the same wil run around naked all day and if u ask him to get dressed he says r we goin out............

goes out in the garden in the buff too.......

my family r used too it now all his bits flapping about lol they r really understanding and we just let him b as it can take a total meltdown to get him dressed and me being scratched bitten pinched ect. and then u turn round 2 secs later and hes naked again

so if hes at home or with family we just let him get on with it......

hes been doin it for yrs now........

love donnaxxxxx you r def not alonexxxx

My son used to strip off too.... he doesn't now... in fact I have trouble getting him to remove his clothes just to put pj's on or to have a shower!!!!

Also, can I assure you all that most kids do grow out of this.... my mum was just telling me the other day that I frequently stripped off outside and she used to have the neighbours calling over the fence 'margaret... she's doing it again' :o and she'd look out of the window to see my dancing naked in the garden :) I definately don't do it now :lol:

Flo' :D

My son used to do this when he was younger but would always wear green wellington boots! Sorry I cannot remeber when he discovered that clothes had a use. He is 14 now and I am pleased to say he now uses his clothes to hide in.

Hi just wanted to add DS does it too, since he was little he went around with nothing on!

he won't do it at other places, but if we are out, like satur bowling, he came home kept them on coz girlfriend

was still here,,,, dropped her home at 9pm, and as soon as we got in the door, clothes off!

same on school days, in from school as he is going up the stairs clothes off, must say he does * only sometimes * keep underwear on!

;)