warrenpenalver

Warren does DIY!!!!

Finally ventured into DIY by putting up curtains in my bedroom!!!

Spent a few hours planning what i needed and measuring all the windows so i had exactly the right number of mounts and the exact distance of curtain track!!

All went smoothly except a couple of holes were wonky!! Also i kept almost falling from the ladder as i am extremely unbalanced despite it being a large well made stepladder!!! I would get up the ladder then a minute or so later uncontrollably cause the ladder to vibrate side to side!!

Anyway i got them up!!

So now i have my thomas the tank engine curtains in place in my bedroom and dark nights for sleeping!!!

Curtains

only 3 more windows and a set of blinds to do!!!!

Edited by warrenpenalver

Well done, Warren!

AND they end neatly just above the radiator! :thumbs:

(This is one of my things...curtains have to end either 6 inches below the window sill or if there is a radiator nearer than that, neatly just above it! :wacko::lol: )

BUT, did you count so that your curtain hooks are equally spaced?! :o:o:lol::lol:

Boho :dance:

Edited by bid

:notworthy: very impressed :notworthy:

My grandad could never climb ladders either, he just used to fall off. My nana did all the decorating & continued into widowhood, we had to confiscate her gear when she got into her 80s! :lol:

only 3 more windows and a set of blinds to do!!!!

Very good :thumbs: I've done curtain rails and curtains - it's simple enough with some forward planning. Blinds though ... Erm, particularly if they are of the roller variety, I'll wish you luck now and understand if I never see you around on the forum again. I managed to pull down half my ceiling trying to put blinds up :oops: Still, it meant that I then got good at plastering :lol: :lol:

BUT, did you count so that your curtain hooks are equally spaced?! :o:o:lol::lol:

no :lol: I made sure i had exactly the same numbers of hooks and even (by eye) spacing but i didnt calculate the exact number of spacing.

My dad once spent five years promising to put the curtains up.

We moved house before he got round to it!

I hate ladders. I have really high ceilings and have to get a stepladder out just to change a lightbulb. The one on the landing means I have to lean out over the stairs. Not a fan of ladders, me :)

Not quite like breaking into Tutankhamun's tomb then! (I see wonderful things .... no wait a minute, I see china teddies!) :lol:

Mr p put up a glass shelf like that in our bathroom. He was less successful with the towel rail, it still wobbles.

Keep up the good work Warren, you are doing good! :thumbs:

Most excellent, Warren :notworthy:

It took me 7 hours yesterday to strip the wallpaper in our teeny tiny loo! :angry::crying:

I have soooo much decorating to do, and I'm just sitting here finding displacement activities! :shame:

Boho :dance:

Ooooh, just noticed that you've neatly lined up the screws in your towel holder with a line of grout in the tiles below...that's exactly the kind of thing I do! :thumbs::lol:

And TBH you can see why the china thingys had been painted shut in a cupboard!

Edited by bid

My brother in law used to fix all our DIY disasters. I'm too scared to try anything serious now that I don't have him to clear up afterwards!

Those china things may be worth a fortune!!! you never know. I am really impressed. I am hopeless at D I Y , you could hire yourself out as a handyman!! Enid

Ooooh, just noticed that you've neatly lined up the screws in your towel holder with a line of grout in the tiles below...that's exactly the kind of thing I do! :thumbs::lol:!

I couldnt help myself :thumbs:

you could hire yourself out as a handyman!! Enid

I wish!!!!! would pay better than being unemployed!!!!

Ooooh, just noticed that you've neatly lined up the screws in your towel holder with a line of grout in the tiles below...that's exactly the kind of thing I do! :thumbs::lol:

Me too!!! :lol:

However, the ring itself needs adjusting about half an inch counter clockwise :dance:

Warren you should take those china things to the Antiques Road Show :lol: If nothing else, it would make a nice little story when they ask you where you got them!

Flo' :D

Are those Christmas decorations in the bottom of that cupboard? I know people who'd be serioulsy thinking about putting them already :lol:

the shops arent quite that bad yet!!! Although it did seem stupid that many shops had "back skool" (note the stupid spelling in some shops!!) before the schools broke up for summer!! :lol:

well the latest DIY project was to repair the free table and chairs i got off freecycle. one of the chairs had began to split from the joint at the corner which i could have solved by just tightening the bolt but i decided to add some metal brackets to each corner of each chair so they never come apart again!!!

chair