Tally

Got myself a present

It's a splendid coconut palm, all you need is the island to match it.

Not big enough to use as a scratching post yet?

Not big enough to use as a scratching post yet?

No, and the coconut covers the whole of the pot, so it is not good as a toilet either!

I'm also considering a fold-up bike for �60. I spent �60 for an event, but the event got cancelled and I got refunded. Being as I already had spent that money on myself, it seems only justifiable that I should go spend it on myself again and not feel guilty about it!

:lol: Loved the cat in the background! Looks like he/she is well and trully sulking with the arrival of the palm!

Flo' :)

If you look really carefully, you should be able to see the tortie cat as well, she just looks black in the picture. She is the one who is scared of it. The ginger one is just wishing I would put down the camera and go and get him some nice food :eat:

What is it with cats that they don't like anything that takes away the attention from them? Even a plant! :lol:

It's much more noticable in a controlled environment. My cats probably have all sorts of weird behaviour going on that doesn't get noticed in the general chaos of my home! It must drive them mad; after all there's nothing worse than being in a sulk and nobody noticing you are :lol:

Tally, will you be able to eat the coconut? Or is it not that type of coconut?

Flo'

I don't think you can eat the coconut because the plant is actually growing out of it. The coconut is just sat on top of some compost, and presumably there are some kind of roots in there . . . I don't know actually, but I will find out when I buy myself a nice pot for it. Unless Mitzi gets to it first.

I'm not actually keen on coconut anyway.

I think if you slice the top off with about 1" of fruit & put it in a saucer of water, it will start to grow roots, at which point you can pot it up.

Or was it just a dream I had? :hypno:

I think if you slice the top off with about 1" of fruit & put it in a saucer of water, it will start to grow roots, at which point you can pot it up.

Have you been going to that off license again? :devil:

cool i might try this pearl!!!

Then i can grow pinapples!! YEY!!!!

Ive got a big bush of mint growing in the border as well, but not sure what you use mint for except mint sauce for lamb.

You can put it in summer drinks, fruit punch etc., salads, risottos etc. Mint & pea risotto is good & you can use frozen peas too. With grated cheese on top, yum. I know what we are having for tea now :thumbs:

Ive got a big bush of mint growing in the border as well, but not sure what you use mint for except mint sauce for lamb.

You could always put a sprig of it in with potatoes when you boil them :dance:

I think that's carrots... the green 'fern' continues to grow for ages. May work for pineapples too, but i can vouch for carrots personally as ben has done it!

We tried putting the top of ben's boiled egg in a saucer of water to see if we could grow a chicken... all we got was a fowl smell ;)

I think that's carrots... the green 'fern' continues to grow for ages. May work for pineapples too, but i can vouch for carrots personally as ben has done it!

We tried putting the top of ben's boiled egg in a saucer of water to see if we could grow a chicken... all we got was a fowl smell ;)

bd, you are talking to an old hippy here, I have grown most things in my time :ph34r:

But yes, thinking back, might have been carrots! :D

I have grown most things in my time :ph34r:

But yes, thinking back, might have been carrots! :D

Just out of interest, did you, perchance, 'use' any of things you grew as a hippy? :whistle: It might very well explain your memory loss and/or inability to tell the difference between a pineapple and a carrot (I dread to think what Sunday lunch is like at Chateau Pearl if you don't know which is which :devil:)

Just out of interest, did you, perchance, 'use' any of things you grew as a hippy? :whistle: It might very well explain your memory loss and/or inability to tell the difference between a pineapple and a carrot (I dread to think what Sunday lunch is like at Chateau Pearl if you don't know which is which :devil:)

Yes, I did, Neil. But I didnt know beansprouts could cause hallucinations/memory loss :whistle:

Yes, I did, Neil. But I didnt know beansprouts could cause hallucinations/memory loss :whistle:

But if you had memory loss, how would you know that they didn't? Or that you hadn't grown something else? :wacko:

I cant blame the beansprouts for any of my personal quirks Neil, as I didn't actually inhale them. I knitted them into water repellent jumpers, the 1970s West Yorkshire prototype of GoreTex. Unless they were absorbed through the skin ... :ph34r:

*Lightbulb Moment*

Perhaps I could design a range of beansprout based incontinence pants. Biodegradable and rustle free. Yay, my ticket out of librarianship! :thumbs:

*Lightbulb Moment*

Perhaps I could design a range of beansprout based incontinence pants. Biodegradable and rustle free. Yay, my ticket out of librarianship! :thumbs:

Just in case it doesn't quite work out, I wouldn't go giving up the day job just yet :whistle:

Good to see you're on form today, BD :lol:

Just in case it doesn't quite work out, I wouldn't go giving up the day job just yet :whistle:

Huh! I bet they said that to Edison too :rolleyes: I shall take my revolutionary idea to Tena Inc. where it might be appreciated :P

Huh! I bet they said that to Edison too :rolleyes: I shall take my revolutionary idea to Tena Inc. where it might be appreciated :P

But Edison wasn't trying to make incontinence pants using beansprouts :P (and if he did then he obviously had it hushed up :lol:)

Definitely take it to Tena though - I bet they'll be wetting themselves when they see it :devil:

WOOT WOOT!!

Just treated myself (and my girlies) to the soundtrack CD from Mamma Mia!! :clap::dance:

Boho :dance:

Edited by bid

But Edison wasn't trying to make incontinence pants using beansprouts :P (and if he did then he obviously had it hushed up :lol:)

Definitely take it to Tena though - I bet they'll be wetting themselves when they see it :devil:

:lol::notworthy:

I will, right after I've made the pineapple & coriander soup followed by carrot upside-down cake :P