Flora

Been to 'that swedish shop'

I'm sure I've posted about this before, either that or I'm having a very strong 'deja vu'.

I've been to that swedish shop today (the one that ryhmes with idea :)

What is it about that place? It's a Tuesday, so I expected it to be relatively quiet. But no, whole families, treating the place like a theme park!

Awful. I couldn't think straight. Still got some very interesting bits and pieces, but why do people want to go there for a day out?

Floz :lol:

*hangs head in shame*

We used to love going there for a day out when the children were little! When JP was a baby he used to love all the bright colours, it was always v child friendly with no one minding me feeding him in the cafe, I luuuurve swedish meatballs, when he got older he luuuurved the ball pool - and theres stuff there I could actually afford!

These days I go round as fast as possible muttering under my breath like the grumpy old woman I am rapidly turning into! :lol:

last time we went ds1 ran off from dh and he had to get all the staff to help look for him, luckily he was with me but that shop is a nightmare sooooo big!!!

What is it about that place? Floz :lol:

In the words of Toyah Wilcox: Itth A Myththtery...

It's a theme park version of Hell - with meatballs on!

:D

i went there once this year flo,never again!!breakfast was good for about a pound i think but i just didnt like the shop,people go on about it like its fab,each to their own but its my idea of hell :devil:

people also go on about bluewater or should i say b***water,i hate it,it actually makes me feel quite ill,i love lakeside though :thumbs:

Now, I have a sort of lurve/hate relationship with this shop.

It truly is like one of Dante's Circles of Hell, but on the other hand I absolutely adore spending about �15 and coming home with bags and bags of stuff! It's like opening a stocking on Christmas morning :clap:

Boho :dance:

That shop was always popular on base for cheap things to make your cabin look more modern rather than the dodgy 70's furniture in most of the older accomodation :lol:

I have to admit my dinning room table and chairs come from that shop!! although it was free off freecycle so i cant complain :lol:

The book cases in our sitting room are trusty models from that shop, and we've had them for nearly 6 years and they're still in excellent condition :thumbs:

We've had several other pieces over the years, and if you get the solid wood styles they seem to last forever...had to donate quite a bit to the local hospice shop when we moved into the new house as it's smaller than the old one :rolleyes:

Oooh, and a colander I've had for about 7 years that's still going strong, and a cunning cheese grater, and some pretty enamel napkin rings, and, and... :lol:

Boho :dance:

I love the fact that hev went there and came out saying "well the furniture's c*ap and the shop's horrible but they do a lovely breakfast!" :lol::lol:

Thanks, hen - u always put a smile on my face :)

...had to donate quite a bit to the local hospice shop when we moved into the new house as it's smaller than the old one :rolleyes:

those shops are good!! we also have the heart people charity furniture shop round here. Great for cheap furniture that often is good quality.