Sign in to follow this  
bevalee

Furious with LEA

At the tribunal the panel named the school so that my son would be able to start after easter.

The idiot of a SEN Manager won't budge on this and said it would take about 4 weeks. How can they do this after whan they have put us through in the last 22 months. :wallbash::wallbash:

Beverley

Have they said why they can't? I would take it to the top if they couldn't give a satisfactory answer......Secretary of State for Education!!

Try the Director of Education for the LEA - ask why so much dragging of heels and damage to your sons health/education is forced to start so late in the year.

Hello Beverley,

I'm guessing that the LEA is waiting for an official written notification of the panel's decision. ;) Doesn't the tribunal panel have a time limit by which to officially notify the parent and the LEA of its decision, I'm not really sure but I think it's something like ten working days?

Once you have received your official notification get onto your LEA as it shouldn't have any excuses for delaying the placement issue.

Hi Helen

Because the panel actually named the school on the day of the tribunal they don't have to wait for written conformation.

The panel said that its a matter of urgency that R should be in school at the beginning of the summer term.

Hello Beverley,

Thank you for clarifying that point - I didn't know that the panel could verbally issue a decision which the LEA would immediately have to act upon.

Do you have any plans to confront the LEA over their reluctant stance? I hope this matter is resolved quickly - for everyone's sake >:D<<'>

Threaten legal action- call your solicitor and ask what the step is or ipsea or nas helpline might be able to help. Im sure that a solicitors letter will do the trick as to enforce the decision it will be through the courts - and then they will have ti pay costs so wont want that. Threaten local press. Thats what a parent did locally to us where she hadnt been in school and was about 6 = funnily enough lea promptly placed her! :angry:

Hi >:D<<'>

I wouldn't let this go!

Although we didn't have to go to Tribunal, my son was so eager to start that our LEA agreed to send his paperwork on later...so it's not an impossibility!

Have you rung the school? I know they certainly have one family from your LEA who had problems, so it might be worth asking what happened in their case.

Good luck!

Bid :wacko:

Hi

Yes i've contacted the school and left a message, and i've e-mailed the Principal as well. I haven't had any contact as yet but it is the Easter holidays.

My soliciter sent a letter to the LEA and i've e-mailed the Director of Education but it didn't make any difference. Not yet anyway. :angry: