Sign in to follow this  
ScienceGeek

Whoops!

The letting agent rang us this afternoon and she was explaining what was going to happen about moving (paperwork mixup) anyway she was telling me loads of things at once. It was too much information in one go and was trying to process it in my head and was getting stressed so I passed the phone over to my wife, this is where I did something wrong. I passed it over and said "here you talk to her" as my brain wasn't coping, but forgot to tell the person on the phone as well. Wife says I was rude, I didn't mean anything by it. :unsure: It was the only thing I could think of as I couldn't process the information, it could have been handled better but I didn't realise at the time. :wacko:

just be honest with her. outwardly it may appear rude but once she understands the context of your behaviour she should be ok about it. Say sorry anyway as apparently woman like apologies even when the man didnt do anything to hurt the womans feelings deliberately.

Say sorry anyway as apparently woman like apologies even when the man didnt do anything to hurt the womans feelings deliberately.

Really? So that's where I've been going wrong :lol::lol:

How about this for a generic one: "I'm sorry I didn't do anything specific for you to project your day's frustrations onto... feel free to project anyway, and I'll try harder tomorrow to leave up a toilet seat or not put the cap back on the toothbrush!' :whistle::angry:

Wimmin, eh? Can't live with 'em and can't tie them to the railtracks a-la Perils Of Penelope when a steam locomotive is due........

:D

Edited by baddad

Yeah, that probably did sound a bit rude, but don't beat yourself up about it. We learn social skills differently, one situation at a time. Some positive can come out of this if you can find some better ways to handle the same situation in the future.

arent women always right??? Thats what i was taught!!!!

It's called 'Blaggard's Law'. In 1970, research psychologist Dr Hillary Mirriam-Blaggard led a team of forensic scientists, physicians and sociologist to conduct extensive research into the phsycial, psychological and sociological differences between men and women. Amongst other differences they made the important discovery that women are always right, even when they're wrong :dance:

SG, as others have said, just tell her you panicked and hopefully she will understand. :)

Flozza :D

Hem Hem... I have it on the greatest of authority that I am always right - and i am all man (Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! ;))

Very, very occasionally people have suggested I might be wrong. On closer scrutiny, it always transpires I haven't had the full facts of the situation at my disposal from which to make an accurate assessment.

Oh, Lord, it's hard to be humble......

:whistle:

Hem Hem... I have it on the greatest of authority that I am always right - and i am all man

yeah but the research team didn't have any paleontologists on board so they didn't cover your particular speciality :o:devil::P

Is he not always right, then Flo?! :o:o;)

Bid :devil:

Only by default* bid :devil::lol:

(*it's easier to agree with him than argue with him :ph34r: tee hee)

It's called 'Blaggard's Law'. In 1970, research psychologist Dr Hillary Mirriam-Blaggard led a team of forensic scientists, physicians and sociologist to conduct extensive research into the phsycial, psychological and sociological differences between men and women. Amongst other differences they made the important discovery that women are always right, even when they're wrong :dance:

In support of this important verification of the world's oldest truth, during the latter part of the 1980's, while working on the Human Genome Project as part of a large team of leading experts and eminent braniacs, Professors Arabella Montague-McGillycuddy , Doctor Marion Hepplethwaite and the late Sir Ian Phlegming made a groundbreaking revelation laced heavily with irony*.

They discovered that the reason women :curlers: have 2 'X' chromosomes whilst men :banman1: possess a 'Y' is due to the fact that the genetic information that should be present on the missing 'Y' arm contain the coding for inbuilt rightness, making men forever mistaken, misinformed and utterly WRONG! In fact, the 'X' chromosome is, in addition, much larger than the 'Y' chromosome. After intensive investigation and the application of pioneering technology it has been discovered that this is a deliberate difference, necessitated by the need for 'X' chromosomes to fit in all the piles of feminine correctivity...as well as coding for extra patience while the women wait for their mates to realise their errors....

*The irony part concerns the chance happening of this breakthrough, brought about by Sir Phlegmings insistence that he was "perfectly well-qualified and eminently able to fix the blasted atomic sub-particle accelerator, stop interfering and let me get on with it!!" whereupon he flicked the intercom switch off and clambered inside the equipment chamber, as his associates looked on in horror.....

While he did indeed have a much-lauded doctorate in quantum engineering, he had neglected to adhere to the first, and most important rule which is,

MAKE SURE THE RUDDY THING IS OFF BEFORE YOU GET IN!!!

His untimely demise, however, did provide some excellent samples whose exposure to new and exciting gravities, speeds and PSI enabled his grieving aforementioned colleagues to tumble on their new finding......and incidentally, authenticated the late scientists wife, who had often been heard to say,

"ANOTHER all nighter at the lab??? Those bl##dy genes will be the death of you!!"

Heehee!! Girls rule!! :thumbs:

Hope you managed to sort things with your ladywife, SG,honesty is always the best policy!

Esther x

Edited by pookie170