Sign in to follow this  
bikemad

Grgh Stupid school!!!!!!!!

Argh im so angry yet again with his stupid up their own backsides school.....umpteen times already ive had to go in or ring up n once this term a teacher had to actually apologise to ds cos she was in the wrong n made him stand by the whiteboard for the whole of class n he hadnt done owt!!!!!!

Now Fri he comes home n some stupid cow dinner lady told the line to be quiet n dont talk n ds didnt hear her so she called him n said why did you talk n he said sorry i didnt hear you n she said in that case go stand by the salad bar!!!!!! He is deaf ffs!!!!!!! So he stood til all the line had gone n a different lady said he could get his dinner. O/T have said cos of his sensory probs he is meant to go at the front of the line so thats one **** up then she disciplines him for not hearing!!!!!! To top it of his sensory props mean he barely eats owt so had the food he will eat been gone he would hav starved that day!!!!!!!!! Me n dp are going up Mon with the O/T report in hand which incidently they have but ignore and going to play holy hell and point out all the things they are doing wrong. :wallbash:

Ds is at the point were he dont ever want to go to school again n im at the point of pulling him out n home educating cos im sick to the back teeth of his school bigtime. :angry:

I see why your mad, angry, its apauling what they have done to your son, and I removed my son from a school that did not meet his SENs , so know how frustrating it is. I would write down all your concerns in a letter and write a complaint to the governers and contact IPSEA on further information on Disability Discrimination Act, the school need to be aware of your sons disability and have reasonable adjustments.

If things deteriate in the meantime look at other schools with good SEN practice in your area or one you could travel.

Hope things get resolved.

JsMum

Edited by JsMum

hi bike mad does he have a statment what does ed phyc paed psych think is right setting for him if you have their support for asd unit or sen school he should be allowed to go there not have to be singled out and humiliated this way standing in a corner :angry::angry: didnt know they be allowed to do this any more especially to sen child couldnt they give him some support at break lunch times ,trying to fit in to mainstream dont they think they are humiliating him and damaging his self esteem could you insist on review asap and insist on more approp setting or more support agree with js advice above good luck hope you get some help its like trying to walk up a down escalator to get help for our kids all the best :star: oh how did you get on with blue badge

No he doesnt have a statment..only now am I about to get an appointment to put him on meds cos the school took 6 months to send in the report cahms requested. I thought it would be classed as a prejudice against a disability but wasnt sure...she even told him he did hear when he said he didnt...he has bright red hearing aids n dont always hear with them in for gods sake!!!

Me n the other half are going in tomorow but im not holding my breath tbh that much l change so am in the process of checking other local schools and also the option of home ed.

No wonder you're fuming, poor little chap, he must have been mortified! How unfair....I wasn't aware that kids had to be silent when getting their dinner in any case!!!

Its up to the school to ensure that all their staff are briefed on disabilities, if a staff member is going to be dealing with your boy, then they should have been made aware of his needs and try to assist him when he needs it.

Have you been in to see the school yet? Are they going to implement any changes?

Hope things have improved for your lad, wee soul!!!

Esther x

Sorry ive not had the chance to reply til now manic couple of days with ds!!!

Glad dp came cos as soon as I saw the condescending head I wanted to plant one on her lol....she wasnt aware it happened but told her the names of 3 kids who said they would tell her exactly what happened n none are friends of ds itms so they wernt saying it to be a buddy....she took down notes and agreed it was very wrong and that it would be dealt with, I told her it amounted to prejudice against a disabled person n she was like oo errr ummm like she was like o shite she knows what she talking bout lol. We also brought up some other stuff that has previously been 'dealt' with but gone lax itms so they are up to speed, and also showed the O/T programme n they said they didnt have theirs so I got angry then cos id asked them the day back if they had it n they said 'somewere'!!!!!!! So another programe is on its way to them. After school ds said the dinner lady had had to apologize to him and that the head had told him it had been dealt with n wont happen again.

Ive decided to let him stay til the end of this term then decide wether to pull him out then or leave another term itms...basically ive told them this is the last ###### il put up with n im fed up of the way they treat ds...guess it will be a day by day thing now iykwim. Im kinda 75% for home ed n 25% school atm.

Ds says he is ok bout it but tbh ive noticed his confidence taking a dive n also his attitude n mood lately stinks bigtime after school so whether he is keeping it in n stewing on it I dont know. :unsure: