Stella63

OJ sings to Prince Edward on Thursday!!

Hi

I know I have posted previously about this but it is happening on Thursday. Because the Queen is the patron of our school (where I work and both my kids attend) the Prince is opening our new Arts, Music and Drama centre. OJ has been asked to sing in a short concert for the Prince and various other dignitaries - he is the ONLY pupil singing, there is also the drummers (who are fantastic) and a trumpet player and I think a pianist. I have been invited to attend which is scaring the hell out of me! I have gone out today and bought a smart suit (which I might return after the concert!!!) and am just worrying about how I am going to deal with this kind of formal do and also worrying about OJ but he doesn't seem to be that nervous (he has no idea who Prince Edward is other than one of the Queen's sons) and who is the Queen really other than someone whose picture is on stamps!!!

The flip side is that AJ has just been suspended for the nth time for seriously bad behaviour in a cover lesson!!! AAAGGGHHHH!!!!

I will be glad to get this week over with!!

Stella x

Fingers crossed for you and OJ. I think his relaxed attitude may be a really good thing - it'll stop him getting too nervous. You'll be a jibbering wreck :hypno: and he'll be cool as ice! B)

Hope it all goes well >:D<<'>

Thanks Clare, it was the most moving, fantastic performance he has given so far!!! I am still reeling from it! >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

He was very anxious beforehand and I think that is partly why I was allowed to attend - me, the senior management team from school and loads of really important people!!! But he got up on the stage and sang his heart out! The prince came up to him after and chatted with him and all the other dignitaries were congratulating him (and me!!) and it was just the most amazing thing thing ever!!! There will probably be pictures in the local papers next week.

Oliver is completely calm about it all now 'oh it was just another song' and I am only just beginning to come down off the ceiling!!! I think a large vodka and coke is seriously in order (the damn emoticons aren't working so I can't produce a drink! I'll have a real one instead!!)

Stella xx

I think a large vodka and coke is seriously in order (the damn emoticons aren't working so I can't produce a drink! I'll have a real one instead!!)

Stella xx

Have one on me, Stella :cheers:

Well done OJ :groupwave:

Awwww Stella, you given me goose bumps !

Will deffo keep my eyes peeled looking at the local papers.

What did he sing by the way?

Clare x x x

Hi, Thanks everyone for the support - it says it all when I post on here before I let family and friends know!!! Or maybe that is just the sad side of my life!!!

Clare, he sang 'Any Dream Will Do' again at the headmasters request. He had sung it the previous week at a concert for new yr7 parents and sung it beautifully but nobody joined in which changed it slightly. So, having been told that no one would join in (protocol said you can't coerce important people to sing because it might make them feel uncomfortable!!!) he adapted the song and held all the notes where we would all have sung - and it transformed the song into something really powerful.

I am so proud of him, I think he will be the next Lee Mead or Phantom of the Opera someday soon!!!

Stella xx

Oh wow.....how lovely, I too can imagin him one day on a Westend stage.....think its only a matter of time, how cool will that be.

Clare x x x