Sign in to follow this  
ScienceGeek

Freshers Fair

So I went along to the first day of freshers fair (they have it split over 2 days). I got loads of free stuff but blimey I forgot how busy it was going to be! I really should listen to my own warning signals. I forgot how much of a sensory nightmare freshers fair is, so many people and noise all shoved into a couple of marquees. I kind of found myself in the situation where I was caught in the middle of the tent and bam! overload.. All I remember is feeling completely overwhelmed and then people around me looking worried and me being on the floor.. :rolleyes: They thought I had been drinking! I hadn't had any alcohol at all. Now I'm hidden away in a quiet room with a computer and a cracking headache feeling really shakey. :fight:

On the up side I did get a lot of freebies before this happened!! :clap::lol:

I dont remember my freshers fair and not many freebees except leaflets. I do remember they aviation club had a mock up cockpit of a boeing 737 which i landed straight off much to the amusement of the other people who kept crashing :lol:

I am now at home and amused at the fact that I got accused of being drunk 3 times during my walk home. To be fair I was staggering and my speech was rather slurred, and considering where I had just came from it was a fair assumption albeit incorrect. I managed to miss my mouth while I was trying to drink a bottle of water and pour half it down myself :lol:

so what freebies did you get then??? :lol: when i go uni next year the freebies might be something to look forward to!!!

I thought freshers fair was only for first year students??

Technically yes they are only for first years, but most students go anyway. Nobody ever checks if you actually are a fresher.. I'm not sure what freebies I have as I don't remember, this morning is a kind of blur to me right now. I have 5 bags worth of stuff to look through though! I vaguely remember being handed a load of free condoms though :lol:

Ack, sorry you didn't get to enjoy the Freshers fair!

Hope you get a nice, relaxing afternoon.

Enjoy using up the free condoms!

Thanks Tally. Am I a fool in saying that I'm going back tomorrow for the second day!! It shouldn't be quite as bad tomorrow as it is student union stuff so clubs and socities which I remember from last year as being busy but a lot quieter than the first day. I hope they have JSocks at the JSoc stand like they did last year, they were a nice pair of socks. :lol:

5 bags of stuff :lol: no wonder they charge so much in uni fees :lol:

Nah that is all from businesses today, haven't even got stuff from the clubs or societies yet, that is tomorrow :lol: I reckon another 3 more bags tomorrow.

Well first bag was money off vouchers, nhs organ donor information, 15 condoms and a double sided film poster for max payne and the day the earth stood still. Free cinema tickets :thumbs: Plus a competition leaflet to win tickets to see Oasis.

Freshers Fair Day 2:

Was a lot quieter and easier to get through than yesterday. I looked around all the stalls for the clubs and societies. I was disappointed that nobody bothered to turn up from the JSoc this year :unsure: I did however sign up for Out UWE (uni LGBT), Real Ale society and the Debating society :thumbs: I also signed up for volunteering and the disability forum :clap:

Freshers Fair Day 2:

I also signed up for volunteering and the disability forum :clap:

Well done you! :thumbs:

Now, just remains for me to give you some nice middle-aged advice about budgeting... ;):lol:

Bid :devil:

Edited by bid

Yeah our activities fair was equally busy - I was on the student representation stand helping out. Not great for us who hate crowds!