Allowed

Aloud

Cereal

Serial

Grown

Groan

Piece

Peace

He will be tested on these spellings on Monday. How do you think he will do? Poor lad!

It took us over an hour to write the sentences, they usually contain about 7 words each.

How do your children get on with spelling and making up sentences, its like pulling teeth here.

These were the spellings he had to write sentences about this week-

Allowed

Aloud

Cereal

Serial

Grown

Groan

Piece

Peace

He will be tested on these spellings on Monday. How do you think he will do? Poor lad!

It took us over an hour to write the sentences, they usually contain about 7 words each.

How do your children get on with spelling and making up sentences, its like pulling teeth here.

Nightmare, and Jay was exempt from doing at home, he had 1-1 support at school, when he went that was, this sort of task would be nights were I would have to call in the emergency crew, it was absaloutly distraught, Jay does have learning difficulties too, but he would of got soo frustrated, angry, aggressive, disruptive at these words, he doesnt even know them now and he is nearly 12 and believe me I have tried, Jay is now considered disengaged in all writing, reading and spelling tasks, he just cant handle it.

JsMum

This was the first time Ive helped with sentences this term, he had become so wound up and angry that I'd told the teacher any work he hands in was done on his own and she was to allow for that. He got 2 out of 10 last week. But I knew he would be very confused by these so I helped him and I had already paid his sisters 25p each for doing their homework (!) and he wanted his money :lol: which seemed to work this time - I know it won't work again though. He still said he wanted to die a few times but resisted punching himself in the head and breaking his pencil all the way through this time which was nice! :wacko: Hey ho!

This I what Ive been wondering JsMum, since the school feel he needs 1 to 1 at school (which he doesn't get) and gets anxious at school why do they think it is any different at home? I don't know, should he treated differently or not. Thats what I wander.

Gawd thought it just my ds's school sent these stupid things home...my lad cant grasp them at all and ends up in tears every time we have them sent home.

They seem to be building him up for a fall, he is being very very good at the moment but he is too quiet. We were chatting last night and he is actually very very unhappy at school, he was crying about certain things :( . I think that they are either making things hard to prove he needs extra help for the statmenting process or they are just completely ingnoring his needs as you you say Puffin.

I'm so fed up for him I just want to take it al away and keep him at home. He tries so hard.

Unfortunately school are required by law to set homework.

I have had teachers say to me that it is up to me if he does it or not.

What they did at his old school is anyone how had not done it at home, it was done in class.

Not sure what happens at new school. I do it with him and put in the School/home book how much help I give him.

As was said problem is, same homework for everyone.

But I keep getting house point for my/his homework.

Chris.

Thanks very much for your support.

Ok, I spoke to the teacher yesterday and she said that he was put in the top group for spelling because his old teacher said he needed to be callenged or he won't work in class - bless her. She said that if they are far too hard then she will move him down and see how he gets on, once his confidence is built up again they will see about moving him up again. She was lovely.

I also spoke about him being very stressed and upset about now being in the bottom group for maths when he was in the top group last year (don't know where he gets that from!!! not me!) and she said he is in the top group - the middle top and she has no idea where he got that idea from! There was one of those moments where we both looked at him and exclaimed "Boy Child!!" with tutting and dispairing shaking of the heads he's all smiles again now.

So I felt a bit daft after speeking to her because he got the wrong end of the stick all round. Happy now though, I think she is getting the idea of how he gets very stressed over things that aren't actually happening!! :lol:

My boy has been learning times tables, doing OK :thumbs: , had the test and only got 4 right :shame: . Asked him about it "Teacher asked them in the wrong order" :huh: !

My boy has been learning times tables, doing OK :thumbs: , had the test and only got 4 right :shame: . Asked him about it "Teacher asked them in the wrong order" :huh: !

Hi Chris 54,

That made me chuckle. Bless him He's not wrong either :thumbs:

Julieann