Sign in to follow this  
Nikki

Good book wanted

Hi Everyone

Have not been posting for a while as am 37 weeks & due to go into hospital next tuesday for arrival of no 3 . Getting nervous now as am keeping crossed that all goes ok - my french is not bad but susepct I might not remember the technical bits !!!!!!!

I am looking for a good book to help explain to Molly about Samuel's asd. She is almost 3 & we are getting to the tricky stage where she cant understand why he does not always want to be with her or pushes away or alternatively hugs her until she is squashed.

I would like like a nice little simple book she can read to help her understand so anyone who has read one like this I would love a recommendation

Have been reading many posts of late and want to say this forum is great - I never would have survived the last year without all your input!

Thanks

Nikki

Good luck for next week, Niki!

Unfortunately I looked in vain a few years ago for something similar. There seemed to be books for older children, but not for littlies.

In the end we told our 4 year old that although her big brother was a big boy on the outside, he was still like a little boy on the inside which was why he often shouted and got cross or cried.

Not ideal, but it might give you some ideas?

Now, if I was a more dynamic person, I'd write a little book and make loads of money! :lol:

Bid :wacko:

Hi

We got "My brother is different " too from the NAS website. A good book and my daughter now tells her friends quotes from the book if they ask any questions about C.

It's very good and simple give it a go.

Lisa :)

Thanks for your info everyone

I got the book my brother is different & Molly is really happy with it - its excellent and has helped make a difference

Being 3 she now tells Granny on the phone that Samuel is "tik-stik " & she must give him lots of hugs - how sweet is that!