Sign in to follow this  
sesley

Fireworks

no chance, :whistle: not even with ear protectors,he hates the bangs,so will leave him with older bros,while we take other bro to enjoy the town ones. never mind maybe next year. :wub:

its just an idea, but im not really that big on fireworks but what i usually do is black out a room in my house sit by the window and watch them from a distance!

We buy a few low key ones (i.e. cheap ones!), for the girls. Raph likes the idea in principle but when the bangs start he gets upset. Sometimes he just gets overexcited and hyper, being noisy and dashing about. He doesnt like other people setting them off when he is in bed (like new year etc). He is OK watching them from a bedroom window though. Ive never been that big on fireworks. I remember buying some for our (now grown up) kids and husband and I were on our own outside after a while, kids inside eating and watching telly.

We tend to buy our own and let them off and have a few friends round, that way if it gets too much son can watch them from his bedroom window, son really loves them though and begs us to buy some everyear and he loves the excitement of them and having friends over, a few years ago he wouldn't entertain the idea so he has got better in that respect.

Quick message to everyone to stay safe tomorrow >:D<<'>

My son has always been petrified off them and the noise he cries his eyes out...one year he tried taking his hearing aids out(so in other words he couldnt hear me talk next to him)and put ear plugs in then ear muffs then a hat over that and a scarf over that then the hood of the coat over that plus hands over his ears n it was still too loud!!!!!! But he likes sparklers so tends to have one about 10pm at night after almost all the bangs have gone.

I like a good Firework display but no one else in the family does so don't get to see any these days.

But then things like that will be harder and harder to justify on environmental grounds.

Well, its November 5th and our fireworks are still in the cupboard unused. DGS isnt feeling very well and the noise of everyones fireworks are upsetting him.

Am I imagining this? When I was a little girl you used to be able to buy decent display fireworks with no bangs. Some boxes actually said no bangers. Things like Golden Rain, traffic lights etc where the point was the lovely changing colours. Now its as if every single one has to emit a loud bang or its no good.

All unexpected bangs/explosions make me jump with fear. Explosions/bangs i can see/expect dont scare me but can be painful. Explosions/bangs Ive caused strangely dont hurt my ears as much :lol:

Not too keen on the fireworks myself...

1. at an organised display a rocket came flying down towards me...still lit...I just scarpered!!!!

2.a few years ago I went into our garden the day after Bonfire night and there was a huge rocket shaped hole in our plastic garden table.....thankfully we weren't outside at the time!!!

3.when my DS was still in his pushchair an idiot threw a lit banger through the library door and it landed within inches of DS.......(the library was my 2nd home when DS was little)

still like sparklers and golden rain type /static fireworks but am too scaredycat to light anything myself.....we just watch other peoples from afar....and it saves you tons of money!!

The fireworks that people have at home now are all much bigger and louder that anything I can remember from my childhood. To be honest I find it hard to believe that some of the things you see for sale are actually legal, or should be legal, In the wrong hand they could be lethal.

Last night went off quietly here only heard a few fireworks in the distance.