Sign in to follow this  
forbsay

Obessions............with people

M has an obsession with one of the boys in his class. He loves to wind him up and then the little boy has an outburst.

He is also obsessed with a little girl in his afterschool club............

Does any of your kids have obsessions with other people and how do you get around it?

O gawd yeah a little girl at his sunday school..as for getting round it im open to ideas cos ive no idea!!!! :wacko:

I'm not sure how to get around it but I used to have obsessions with people when I was younger. This was seen as cute when I was little but when I started getting to teenage years it got me into a lot of trouble, now I find it hard to get close to people at all in fear that this obsession will happen again. :whistle:

My son is now 14 and is aspergers............he used to have an obsession with one of his older sisters freinds..........he was nuts about her...and would be in her face all the time she came round to our house and scream blue murder if he couldnt get to her.............This girl had known my son for a long time and was used to him but it became a problem as she entered her teenage years and my son was entering his.hed try to hug and kiss her just because he liked her ..........he meant no harm but she hated it............id try telling him it wasnt on but he didnt understand he was crossing bounderies...........eventually i had a word with this girls mum who i know realy well and she understood my sons problems..............this girl didnt like to tell my son to get lost didnt want to offend ect.......but in the end thats what she had to do...shed to tell him to do one.and basically totally ignore him coz any contact however small even a hello would fuel his obsession...........beleive it or not he stopped it realy realy quickly once she no longer fealt shed to be nice to him and was allowed to ignore him..............he lost interest.

Recently he became obsessed with his siters boyfreind...............his mistake was to play xbox with my son.......suddenly my son thought this lad was his freind and wanted him to spend all his time with him and would scream and rage if this lad tried to leave the front room and go somewhere with my dayghter.Againe this lad didnt want to offend but as soon as i said look youre gonna have to ignore him cut him dead give no encouragement howenever small it stopped and now things are normal.

I hope this has helped.

My DS has obsessions about people. It is hard to get him to understand what the word friendship means and to understand the rules of a friendship.

I do not have an answer for anyone on this. I have tried all sorts of ways to explain to him that not everyone we meet who is nice to us is our friend. So the Doctor, Dentist etc are different types of relationship.

Good Luck to you all with this.

Hi,

Not sure if this helps my daughter is 14 and the only way to describe what she does is...she makes obsesive associations some of which are in appropriate, one was with a female PE teacher, one with a senco worker, and also with her sisters friends and recently with her sisters boyfriend. She also thinks the bad people who have got her hooked into their group are he friends but they are bad people who use her to carry drugs etc....she is so vulnerable but at 5'9" she doesn't look it!!! I cannot make her understand about friendships!!!

Your not alone! Not sure it helps though!