Sign in to follow this  
baddad

Saw a TV ad tonight and it said...

Why panic????? :unsure:

Read the subtitle...

I first went from reading the title to reading the post so it read as "Saw a TV ad tonight and it said panic" :lol:

Read the subtitle...

I first went from reading the title to reading the post so it read as "Saw a TV ad tonight and it said panic" :lol:

Same here Mumble! :lol: It only made sense after the second look. :wacko::lol:

science geek when I pressed your link, my anti virus, norton, shut my computor down and said unsafe site!!! Enid

Edited by Enid

science geek when I pressed your link, my anti virus, norton, shut my computor down and said unsafe site!!! Enid

:o I don't know why... :huh: It is a well known Jewish site, nothing dodgy so I don't know why your antivirus has a problem with it :(

Edited by ScienceGeek

I've more or less bought everything, I just need to spend a day wrapping it all up and making a list of anything I've forgotten. I also need to go round the house looking for any things I bought earlier and hidden and forgot about (I did that last year... found a couple of presents in Feb that I'd hidden so well even I couldn't find them !)

Flora

We are soooo not prepared for it at work, but then that happens every year :rolleyes: The warehouse is already rammed full, I don't know where we are going to keep everything because it will only get worse.

I've got a few Christmas presents, but not many.

My wife starts Christmas shopping in June, I know fancy leaving it as late as that.

My I don't start until Christmas eve.

No that is not true. Her indoors give my a list of what to get her about this time of year and tells my where to get it.

If it was up to my I probably would not bother.

OMG............. this thread has made me giggle :ph34r::devil:

BD - go sit in the naughty corner - how dare you mention the 'c' word, was having a nice, peaceful day - and now look what you've done, i'm a gibbering wreck (who said 'she was already????' ;):o ).............. yer in big trouble................... :P

:lol:

Why panic? because there's SIX WEEKS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!

(wibble wibble)

Ben's sorted, but i yain't got nuffink for no one else yet and have not a clue what they would want when i do go shopping!

As for sciencegeeks link/alarm bells - I reckon she was eating a pork sossidge sandwich and it was a 'non-kosher alert' going off... did it go 'whoop whoop whoop whoop' or 'Oi vay Oi vay Oi vay Oi vay'? If the latter that's what it'll be.

:D

Six............ Weeks...................................... :ph34r:

As for sciencegeeks link/alarm bells - I reckon she was eating a pork sossidge sandwich and it was a 'non-kosher alert' going off... did it go 'whoop whoop whoop whoop' or 'Oi vay Oi vay Oi vay Oi vay'? If the latter that's what it'll be.

What like this baddad? Oy Vey! :lol:

Six............ Weeks...................................... :ph34r:

Erm, hate to be pedantic (ok, no I don't, that's my middle name), but it's actually 5 weeks (and two days)... :ph34r: I'll go and hide before people throw things at me. I've done no Christmas shopping, have no lists, haven't ordered a turkey, and I'm apparently in charge of the cooking this year... :whistle:

BTW, I have a question - I know (sort of) what to do for Breakfast (turn all the alarms off after everyone's asleep so they sleep through it and then feed them chocs off the tree), I know what Christmas Lunch consists of (there's plenty of step by step guides and I'm limited cause it has to be 'traditional', i.e. no Zebra steaks... :eat:), but what do people traditionally eat in the evening on Christmas day or should I give people wrong directions for the afternoon walk so they get lost and are eventually found far too late to eat... :ph34r:

but what do people traditionally eat in the evening on Christmas day or should I give people wrong directions for the afternoon walk so they get lost and are eventually found far too late to eat... :ph34r:

a cold collation: usually, starting with cold meats and salad and pickles and finishing with mince pies/xmas cake and indigestion :) You can visit things like trifle/cheescake/cheeseboard/chees biscuits/cheese ritz along the way. Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp!

Generally, whatever you put out, people just 'pick', while complaining they've eaten too much.

Anyways, as far as xmas dinner goes, ben and i probably WILL be eating zebra or some such (Wilde)beast... That's the beauty of it just being the two of us - we make our own traditions.

:D

Its not Christmas lunch it Christmas Dinner.

And at tea time it has to be Salad, with cold turkey , all sorts of pickles followed by trifle and Christmas cake. :sick:

Of course you will still have your paper hats on from dinnertime.

Then we all sat round while dad cracked some nuts. :tearful:

and lots of -- :wine::drunk::drunk::cheers:

Well that was what we always did when I was young.

This year Ill be cooking and we are having the mother in-law for Christmas. :eat::whistle:

Well most of the shopping is done, just need to do 2 online orders and find something for my mam. I don't buy ant extra food for Christmas well tin of chocs and mince pies, might bake the cake this weekend.

Its not Christmas lunch it Christmas Dinner.

Doesn't that depend on where in the country you live?

This year Ill be cooking and we are having the mother in-law for Christmas. :eat::whistle:

Is your oven big enough? :devil:

No need to worry.

On radio 4 this morning, the man from John Lewis, (the shop) while being interviewed said that "Christmas is two days later this year"????.

Doesn't that depend on where in the country you live?

The main meal that you have on Christmas day is Christmas dinner no matter were you live? or what time of day you have it.

This is the same as the meal after a wedding is the wedding breakfast not mater what time of day it is.

I have now got my head down ready for all the flack.

The main meal that you have on Christmas day is Christmas dinner no matter were you live? or what time of day you have it.

I've bought several of these Christmas special magazines (the ones that take you through possible recipes, what to buy, order to do it in, time planning etc.)to help me sort out how I'm going to do the cooking and they all refer to it as Christmas Lunch. The pub at the end of my road has a board up advertising its Christmas Lunch prices and telling people to book (oh how much easier that would be... :rolleyes:)

I have a question about turkeys (with apologies to vegetarians) - I don't really like turkey so I'm not fussed, but I want to do it properly - it it better/easier to get a fresh or a frozen one? :unsure:

BD - go sit in the naughty corner - how dare you mention the 'c' word, was having a nice, peaceful day - and now look what you've done, i'm a gibbering wreck (who said 'she was already????' ;):o ).............. yer in big trouble................... :P

BD in trouble? :D

Turkey.

Frozen is probably easier. But you must remember to give it plenty of time to defrost.

Make sure you have a good look inside the thing to find all the bits in the plastic bags :sick:.

And wash it out. These days most people don't stuff their turkey as this helps the cooking.

Don't leave it to late getting it or you will find that there are only giant one left in the supermarket.

If you like the idea of fresh, which may taste better, find your self a good butcher who guarantee to have it ready to pick up on christmas eve.

Or you could do what my mum did one year and get the Bloke down the road to get a fresh on the cheap.

PROBLEM WAS IT COME WITH ALL ITS FEATHERS STILL ON AND EVERY THING STILL INSIDE.

If you want a fresh one, you have to brave the shops in the run up to Christmas. If you get a frozen one you have to make sure you leave plenty of time for it to defrost (up to 2 days depending on the size). It's up to you to decide which of these would be the most inconvenient option for you. If you can afford to splash out on a corn fed organic one, then I would get fresh.

Turkeys are good for serving large families because they are so big, but if you are not cooking for too big a group, you could get a turkey crown or even a chicken.

If you see stuffing or sausages going at reduced prices, you can always store them in the freezer.