Sign in to follow this  
bikemad

Being bullied yet again!!!

My lad is being bullied yet again.....while he was with the special needs teacher discussing his smilie chart another kid came up n told me bout it!!!! Does this letter sound ok to you?

Before Jordan had even left school today another child from his class had come to me and told me that he was being bullied by being made fun of by a number of children today whilst rehearsing for the Christmas play, all in the presence of a teacher. I appreciate that Miss **** see?s Jordan at the end of school to discuss the day, but really feel that this should have been dealt with when it happened, rather than being left to escalate to the point were the children involved were goading Jordan to where he got so upset he cried. Had the children have been stopped when they were teasing him and treating him as if he is thick then it would not have reached the point were Jordan was crying. I have heard what happened off two other children beside Jordan, and they all say the same as Jordan but they told me about it before Jordan even did. It seems to me that the mentality of quite a few children in the class is that you can tease and goad and make fun as much as you want as they think it is not bullying?but as we know IT IS BULLYING. Maybe they need more than just a quick telling off for being silly or quickly saying ?sorry? to Jordan?till they next do it!!?? If Jordan was found to be bullying, teasing or making fun of someone in this way, I would expect to be informed immediately and suitable action to be taken to stop it! I have a struggle as it is too get Jordan too school as for ages now he has wanted to move school and house because he has had enough of being picked on and bullied, and now he is asking to stay off and move school, move house, and on occasions has told me he wishes he was dead because he is fed up of being teased. I send him to school to learn in a safe secure happy environment but Jordan does not find it safe or happy but frightening and unhappy. It seems to me the school is having difficulty or unwilling to abide to the Education Authority?s zero tolerance on bullying. This is the last incident I will tolerate, after this I will have no alternative but to hand it back to the Local Education Authority for them to deal with.

Go for it.

To often school pretend that what is going on is not bullying, that way they don't have to do anything and can say.

"We don't have a bullying problem here"

Yes send it, Have just emailed the school myself as my son told me he had to go to the offece as he was punched so hard in the stomach by another boy and was sent there till he got his breath back! not a word from the school! Enid

It is disgusting isnt it schools attitudes. Ive had enough of it to be honest so heaven help them when they ring me tomorrow...im not going to leave it lye when I have a 9 year old telling me he wishes he was dead!!!!! Enid hope they reply to you.

They said they didn't realize the making fun and goading had carried on as that set of kids had left the stage n were kinda on the sidelines but the relevant kids will be pulled in and disciplined,they will be on report for a week and also have detention at break time in the heads room to do lines. I told them I really cant cope with it much more as ive got a suicidal 9 year old and they are now going to push for more help in school for him, they finally admitted actually he does have problems at school and is getting worse and showing a wide range of autistic traits and they will be writing to cahms to get ds more help, they are going to give him little jobs like at playtime cos he hates that time so he will do like door duty n the like so he don't have to be out in the rough n tumble of the yard, she is going to do an assembly on bullying and the different forms and also said if ds comes out of school upset bout something just go straight in the school and tel them even if it means im in umpteen times a day. Guess we will see how it pans out.

Gosh it sounds like your letter has really had an impact, I hope the school follows through on all their promises.Did you request to have a reply in writing to your letter??........might be a good idea, best wishes suzex

bikemad u know how i feel bout it and im glad u getting sum answers for j at last,,the probs i avin at the mo is the head is bullying my son and i had a letter back from parent govs saying that she has acted professionally????????????? so it's ok for the head of school to bully 6 year olds if it is done professionally???????????? i give up innit,,i would love sooooo much to see her off school grounds where i would really tell her my thoughts innit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No I hadn't asked for it in writing but have now lol. So far so good n things are ok but they have been before then started again so guess just got to see.

Well done you, the school have not replied to my email, not surprised, sadly. I am in school on Monday as its the statement reviews, they do the whole school in one day, so will be asking why!!! Enid

Why didn,t i keep my mouth shut about the next time Marcus is bullied there was an incident on tuesday. A boy ran at marcus calling him a freak and pushed him over, he stumbled and corrected himself but then tripped over a passing girl and fell into a wooden bench knocking his front teeth (thankfully no damage). the boy then blaimed the girl saying she had pushed marcus. Marcus knows this isn,t true as he likes this girl and she was upset about the incident. Marcus didn,t report it as he didn,t want to get the girl in trouble as this boy was blaiming her. He only told me about it the next day when school was closed for a teacher training day. He was really upset partly because his teeth are still painful, concern for the girl and also he can,t understand why people do this kind of thing . I have telephoned school this morning and thankfully Marcus has done as i asked and reported it to the SENCO I spoke to his head of year who assured me this boy will be dealt with. Marcus was also concerned that the boy in question would be excluded, both DH and i said to him that he shouldn,t bully and if that was the outcome he was his own fault but Marcus was very worried about this boys ufture if he was kicked out of school Bless.

Aaawwww bless him...now thats my lads thinking..he worries bout the bullying getting told off!!!!!! :blink:

Well done you, the school have not replied to my email, not surprised, sadly. I am in school on Monday as its the statement reviews, they do the whole school in one day, so will be asking why!!! Enid

Thats bad...it isnt like it is hard to email or pick up a phone is it. :wallbash: