Sign in to follow this  
av16

Am I doing the right thing?

But even if you gain or get possession of something there has to have been some facilitation by someone somewehere otherwise how would we ever gain or get possession it just does not happen.

I apologise if you think I am being pedantic here but I am having problems understanding how you think that children with autism or any disability is ever going to gain or get possession of what it needs to be able to comply with the rules without some input and support. If you have a fixed rate tarrif and make no provision for a child with SEN then surely that would be discrimination?

Cat

As I said -- TAUGHT -- To teach-- this is how you "acquire" abilities

I was questioning fixed tariff not supporting it.

Have I said that there should be no support?

Hope this clears things up.

Edited by chris54

As I said -- TAUGHT -- To teach-- this is how you "acquire" abilities

I was questioning fixed tariff not supporting it.

Have I said that there should be no support?

Hope this clears things up.

Yes it does thanks for being so patient with me ;)

Cat

I meant as the only form of communication throughout the school... FWIW I believe absolutely that International Sign should be a curriculum language choice in every school, and that every child should be encouraged in signing. I thought I'd mentioned that before, but maybe not(?) :unsure:

Hope that clears that up - and certainly no reason to feel :o or :(

:D

Thank you for clarifying that.

Bid :)

Hi - a quick update, meeting was short but outcome was ok - he is now in the learning support unit until the end of term. This is usually for children who have an internal exclusion, considered to be a punishment but for DS it's ideal; only 6 pupils, away from the main school so it's quiet and calm. He is different already :rolleyes: He was told it's not a punishment and he can choose to do some lessons back in school. For the time being he is much happier but don't know what will happen next year.

He will do the Saturday detention- I want him to know that he has to follow school rules and that we - his parents- support the school. Hopefully, because he is a bit calmer, things wont be too bad.

Thanks for the support everyone - I've got a feeling I will be calling on you again! :unsure:

AV

Sounds a lot more positive all round, AV. Hope the next week or so go well and that this will lead to more support for your lad next year.

Good luck with the detention. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~