Sign in to follow this  
bevalee

Going off my trolley!

Hi

I don't know if i'm going mad or the LEA are trying to send me over the edge!

The school R is going to was named on the day of the tribunal on 5th April 05.

The chief Ed Psych has just called me at 7.30pm. Apparently the case manager is writing to the school requesting a place for R, because they don't know if the school has a place or even if one has been offered!! :wallbash::wallbash:

I've been to tribunal 3 times trying to get this school named, and now they don't know if he has a place!!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

hello bev

i was sent a letter by the LEA telling me steve def had a olace in a school i was happy with,it told me to ring the school to make an appt,i rang them and they had never heard of steve!then a month later they done the same thing with another school!its like a sick joke,i cried both times,its terrible they can get away with it, i think life is hard enough without the LEA adding to it.

>>The school R is going to was named on the day of the tribunal on 5th April 05

Was it your choice of school?

If so, I believe it is up to you to make sure there is a place available for him (I know Tribunals have been cancelled because of this).

Is it an LEA school or an independent school? If it is an LEA school, the school must take the child even if it is over their PAN number (cos it is a Tribunal decision), unless it is already well over it's PAN number. An independent school cannot be forced to take a child by the LEA or the Tribunal.

It seems a bit of a muddle.

Karen

Hi Kazzen

Yes it was my choice of school and they did have a place for him. They have been holding the place for 9 months, and its an independant school.

The Lea new that we had the place all along. This was the third tribunal we have attended that is why they named the school on the day.

I can't see the problem then. Our LEA has a person who deals with the admin for out-of-county schools - it might be useful to find out if yours has and give him a call - I know they usually have to sort out a contract, but that shouldn't take too long (though obviously, the later he starts, the less it will cost them). I would drop into conversation that if things aren't sorted soon, you will be contacting your MP.

Karen

>>They have been holding the place for 9 months, and its an independant school.

I presume you have spoken to the school recently?

I am amazed that an independent school have put a place on hold for that long.

Karen