Sign in to follow this  
annie

Still nothing resolved

Sorry, but this is a long rant :angry::angry:

Unfortunately, Alex is still at home, off school with depression. I am really angry today as the lies seem to be coming through thick and fast now.

Yesterday I received the a copy of the minutes from the Statement Review on the 17th March. these are just a few snippets.

Mrs ***** (IPSEA) commented that the reference to Alex being absent due to holiday was inaccurate - it was to recuperate after a medical problem. Mrs **** (LEA) drew attention to the fact that the family had been on holiday, as stated in the parental report and therefore some of the absences would reflect this. Mrs **** (Head of Year) said that the register will be amended.

The 'holiday' was when Alex had tried to commit suicide. We had put in writing to the head a request for 2 weeks off school to get Alex away. The Head replied with a very caring letter granting Alex the time off, and offering support in any way possible.

Current Assessment: Parents are pleased with Alex's progress in spelling. Mr ***** (SENCO) apologised for an error on the comprehension report - the results printed are for October 2002 - the latest result is 15.3 years (September 2004).

In another paragraph on the same minutes is says : As of February 2005 Alex's spelling increased to 16.9 years.

At the meeting, IPSEA asked when the spelling test had been done. The SENCO said he didn't have the exact dates but it was 2 or 3 years ago. Where is says 'the results printed are for October 2002" that is totally wrong as we were living in Australia until August 2002 and Alex did not start at the school until January 2003!!!!! Also, the Sept. 04 and Feb 05 results cannot be correct as Alex has only been at school for about 4 days since November 04. So how come his spelling has improved so much in 5 months when he has hardly been at school???

It was suggested by Mrs ***** (IPSEA) that the statement should be modified to refer to Alex accessing the ASD SRP at ****** (school). She also said there should be a report from the LEA ASD advisor. Ms ***** (LEA) replied that as it is not currently on the statement, the ASD advisor is not obliged to submit a report.

Alex's statement was issued in May last year before the ASD SRP was opened, his records went before a panel in July last year and was offered a place which we accepted. On the letter that we recieved from the LEA offering Alex a place, it states that 'part 4 of your child's Statement of Special Needs will be amended. Even through we have to this day never received an amended copy.

After reading this, I had a call from the Cabinet Minister for Education who had written a letter to the LEA SEN officer who attended the above meeting. She is e-mailing a copy of the letter dated 12th April (this Tuesday) that she received back. I couldn't believe what the LEA had the audacity to write. The letter said that they cannot organise another meeting with us and the school as we haven't contacted them to let them know when we are available.................lies.lies.lies.........I wrote the LEA and School a letter about 10 days ago stating that I would like to know the details of the new meeting ASAP as I still haven't heard anything from them. The letter also said that 'the parents have said that they no longer wish to have IPSEA representing them'....................I had to ask the Cabinet Minister to repeat it 3 times to me as I couldn't believe what I had heard. Since the meeting on the 17th March, we have not spoken to the LEA !!!!! :angry::angry: I cannot wait to receive a copy of this letter. The Cabinet Minister was furious that everything in the letter was a lie. She is going to follow it up and get back to me. I'd love to be a fly on the wall.

I am amazed at how people can write such blatant lies. IPSEA are obviously worrying the LEA as well as the school now..........shames.....NOT.

Annie

XX

The whole system seems to breed a culture of lies does it not?!

This is terrible, but as usually nothing new :angry:

I do hope you get it sorted hun, I really do.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Sadly many schools confuse doing the right thing with appearing to do the right thing when in reality they are not the same thing at all.

I am speechless with anger on your behalf. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

I sincerely hope heads roll after this!

Simon

Thank you and >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Nellie, Minxygal and Simon.

My IPSEA rep is back from holiday on Saturday. I'm sure she will have something to say when she hears what's been going on in the week she's been away :devil:

I forgot to mention.........on my earlier posts, I had complained about the Head of Year's son (Alex's old LSA)........Alex was told yesterday by one of the boys from school that the son had left school.........maybe a coincidence or what ?????

Annie

XX

So sorry, Annie >:D<<'>

I know just how frustrating these lies are :angry:

Hang in there, and stay strong...you are doing brilliantly >:D<<'>

Bid :wacko:

'the parents have said that they no longer wish to have IPSEA representing them'............

Annie,

I think this is wishful thinking by the LEA. There's probably an LEA officer somewhere saying it three times and clicking her red sparkly heels. Absolutely outrageous!!!

Lisa

Hi Bid,

I know it may sound strange, but the more lies the LEA and school have written on paper the stronger I feel :wacko: It just confirms that Alex and I were right all along, they were incompetent and unprofessional. Thanks to IPSEA who know what is legal and what is not, everybody's lying to save themselves.......the worm has definately turned :devil:

Power to the parents :ninja: lol

Annie

XX

Hi Lisa,

I think the red sparkly heels have lost their magic :devil:

It will be interesting to hear the LEA Officer's reaction when she is questioned by the Cabinet Minister about the letter.

I have been itching to get on the phone to the LEA but have decided to wait until the IPSEA rep is back on Saturday and fill her in on everything then.

It's about time LEA's were caught red-handed. :wacko:

Annie

I think that you are doing the right thing by waiting to speak to your IPSEA rep Annie. Don't give these 'people' an inch. Just wait until you have enough on your side to finish them off!!! :angry:

>:D<<'> Carole >:D<<'>

Hi Carole,

This morning I've sent my IPSEA rep an e-mail telling her everything that has happened while she's been away. I've also posted her a copy of the minutes.

Hopefully I've got everything covered my end :wacko:

What is worrying me now is that this whole thing is being distracted away from Alex and getting him an education. But at the same time, I agree with you. I cannot give these people an inch. I am not going to let them get away with what they have been doing. :ninja:

Annie

XX

Well done for hanging in there, I'm sure lea hope parents will just give up and disappear. Think after this you could apply for a job as a un negociator :ninja::ninja: Kat

Hi Katkin,

I've had a call from Parent Partnership this afternoon. A meeting has been arranged with them, us and the LEA SEN Officer (no IPSEA or school) for the 24th of April. I have told Parent Partnership that we are fine about the meeting if the LEA seriously want to resolve everything but, we do not want another meeting where it is a total waste of everybody's time. Apparantly, the LEA have agreed that things have gone past involving the school and that we need to move on from the school.........like we haven't been saying that for months :wallbash: We are going to go through the details of the Statement at the meeting and make amendments and also get Education other than school put in place.

If we get ANY sense of the meeting starting to go off track we shall ask for the meeting to be adjourned and bring IPSEA back in. But I get the impression that the LEA are under a lot of pressure to get things sorted out........MP and Cabinet Minister maybe :devil:

I'll be back :ninja: lol

Annie

xx