Sign in to follow this  
Michele17

Just joined

Hi. I've just signed up and feeling totally overwhelmed with what I need to know and deal with :wacko: . This forum is going to be so much help - one step at a time, I know.

My son, Zach has just been diagniosed with AS after 5 years of stamping my feet - he's year 7. His time in secondary school so far has been a nightmare and we're facing permanent exclusion already!! :tearful:

My eldest son Jake has ADHD and I've come to the conclusion that their dad is ADHD/AS. I feel like I'm living in a mad house at the moment. Usually we bob along and sort it all out, but alot of things have all come together in the last few weeks so it feels particularly hard.

I'm a primary school teacher - early years - so alot of the education stuff I'm familiar with- but statements and exclusions and secondary schools are a whole new ball game. It feels like someone pulled the rug out from under me.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, finding out alot of stuff and hopefully be in a position to support other people one day!!

Merry Christmas all!! :thumbs:

Hye im also new my son (15) adhd, a 6 year old asperger and a 4 year old AS, with Gdd, behavioural problems, adhd and psychogenic polydypsia, and a 10 year old girl! I got my 4 year old placed in and asd special class in september it took me 6 months of hard fighting to do this and also got his statement through in 6 months ( normal time in northern ireland im told is 2 years)! Glad to read there are so many people like me out there that also live in a mad house....

Merry Christmas to all!!!

Welcome!

Hi, my son has just turned 15 and has a statement for 20 hrs. School is still a nightmare but he has just got a dual place in a special school which seems to be much better.

Happy Christmas X

Hello Michele and welcome :thumbs:

I am mum to 2 boys (10 and 5). The little one has high functioning autism, and I have found this forum to be a real lifeline!!

Merry Christmas >:D<<'>

Hello Michelle,

You sound as though you have a lot to cope with. Sorry to hear your son is having a hard time in year 7. Lots of people here will understand the struggles you're facing.

Hope you have a good Christmas anyway :)

K x

Hi Michelle I'm also new just joined yesterday, so good to meet another newbie!