bid

Very good Christmas and New Year

Just had to share that this Christmas Big A actually joined us as a family to watch a couple of films and TV progs. And he'd bought lovely, thoughtful pressies for all of us, too! Then he cat sat over New Year while we were away as he was working, and even did his washing up, complete with a note to point it out to me!

My mum, who thankfully survived Christmas Eve (thought it was going to be a Christmas to remember for all the wrong reasons! :o:ph34r: ), even remarked on how much he'd joined in and talked to the rest of us!!

He's finally dropped college (thank god, a tale of woe for another time) and is about to start at the egalitarian supermarket full-time :thumbs:

So proud of him...and he's just spent all his Christmas overtime on a flat screen TV and X box for his room...

Oh, and he told me today he's not moving out after all because of the credit crunch! :lol:

Boho :dance:

Edited by bid

Hope A has a good year and enjoys the job. He's come a long way in the last few years and it's great that he's found his niche. :thumbs: So he's not moving out... but will you get discounted groceries? :D

Great news all round and I hope your mum's condition is more stable than it was at Christmas.

Here's to a Happy 2009 for all of you. :thumbs:

>:D<<'>

K x

I am so glad your Christmas and New Year turned out so well after a less than promising start!

Simon

Edited by mossgrove

Tom did well this year too. There were lots of people round on Boxing Day and he coped really well, even talking to people he had not met before. He has matured a lot in the past two years. - it was lovely to see.

Good you had a nice Christmas and New Year experience...

---

You may think of the following, 'oh how depressing' but it could be something bright and spirited for new year.

Just dawned on me really, that this christmas and new year was probably the best ever. Just the 4 of us and the dog - me, mum, stepdad and sister. No other family members to be superficially nice to. I don't see much of my other family any more - grandparents live in the same village but we don't contact them, they own our house so we're practically trapped but they arent exactly warm cuddly stereotypical grandparents (more to it than that!). Others aunts/uncles are abroad, or tag along with grandparents. Don't see my father's side of the family as I haven't seen my dad for 8 years.

So while this may sound negative, look on the bright side. Less people to smile at for a few days over christmas and pretend you are really interested in their new adventures. Its great having just the household and no in-laws/mardy people to deal with, plus the turkey/trimmings lengthen out for longer and the alcohol goes down less at New Year!

In fact, this makes me closer to my mum, stepdad and sister more than ever before. Its great feeling happy and what a time to feel it!

Anyone else have a similar scenario?

Having family you don't want there only heightens the anxiety.

bid >:D<<'> or anyone,what is an egalitarian supermarket?

we had our usual christmas which was arguing then peace,then arguing then peace again :rolleyes: but it was a good christmas,me and steve went out new years eve and it was brilliant,i cried at 12 because we were together,this year has gone ok so far :clap:

bid ive just realised what supermarket you meant :lol: ive been sitting here for ages thinking you was saying cr@p :lol:

i didnt go away for any reason,i just got addicted to facebook :lol:

im back now,wheres bighead? :devil:

bid ive just realised what supermarket you meant :lol: ive been sitting here for ages thinking you was saying cr@p :lol:

i didnt go away for any reason,i just got addicted to facebook :lol:

im back now,wheres bighead? :devil:

Hiya! >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I'd missed you sneaking back in - how's it going.? :D

Addicted to facebook? I bet it was that online bingo!

Hope you/nick/steve and katie all doing well

How's things going skool was for S, and is K still doing her dance classes?

hope to see you gracing our pages again soon

L&P

BD :D

I'd missed you

oh baby youve missed me :wub::wub::wub::wub::P

we all doing good here,nick is still lovely :wub:

ive spoken to the LEA and they are going to extend steves statement from 16 to 19 and we are looking at a place in bournemouth for further education :pray:

katie is doing very well,she got pupil of the year last term :first:

we are by no means the brady bunch but we are doing well :thumbs:

Nice to see you Hev >:D<<'> We too are going through a calmer period, no meltdowns since oct/nov :thumbs: and a brill Christmas. Enid

oh baby youve missed me :wub::wub::wub::wub::P

we all doing good here,nick is still lovely :wub:

ive spoken to the LEA and they are going to extend steves statement from 16 to 19 and we are looking at a place in bournemouth for further education :pray:

katie is doing very well,she got pupil of the year last term :first:

we are by no means the brady bunch but we are doing well :thumbs:

now that really is taking a quote out of context too far! :lol:

that said, i did miss you in the same way that you might miss a wart after having it removed... something just doesn't feel right :lol:

Ahh pooh - did it really come round that quickly for Steve? Good they've extended the provision, but such a pity it involves another upheavel.

Well done Katie - PUPIL OF THE YEAR!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: That's brilliant. :thumbs:

That's 'tree discipline' that is! Forget the naughty step - every time they do something wrong, stick 'em up and tree and leave them there for a while... you'll either end up with a well behaved child or one that's devolved to something resembling a proboscis monkey... or in Katie's case a cross between the two :o:o

Only joking! Or am I......?

seriously, well done again Katie et al, and really nice to see you back again.

:D

yeah it has come round really quickly for steve,well he leaves in june so we getting things sorted now,some of the boys from the school hes at now might be going to his new place(if he gets in :pray: )so hes ok about it really

Ive found a brilliant LEA lady,well shes been with us for about 2 years and shes fantastic,she understands when i ring up hysterical and we have a bit of a laugh so im pleased about that

steve does independant travel now :o he was going back on a sunday night but trains from gravesend are rubbish on a sunday so i changed it to a monday he goes back and he comes home on the friday,he loves travelling on his own,hes better than me at travelling,so im really proud of him

oh katie is just so lovely,she never ever stops talking and its amazing what 5 year olds come out with,she also puts steven in his place now and then and dont take a lot of nonsense off him,she tells him shes not talking to him till he behaves :lol::lol:

saint nick is still saint nick :wub::lol:

yeah it has come round really quickly for steve,well he leaves in june so we getting things sorted now,some of the boys from the school hes at now might be going to his new place(if he gets in :pray: )so hes ok about it really

Ive found a brilliant LEA lady,well shes been with us for about 2 years and shes fantastic,she understands when i ring up hysterical and we have a bit of a laugh so im pleased about that

steve does independant travel now :o he was going back on a sunday night but trains from gravesend are rubbish on a sunday so i changed it to a monday he goes back and he comes home on the friday,he loves travelling on his own,hes better than me at travelling,so im really proud of him

oh katie is just so lovely,she never ever stops talking and its amazing what 5 year olds come out with,she also puts steven in his place now and then and dont take a lot of nonsense off him,she tells him shes not talking to him till he behaves :lol::lol:

saint nick is still saint nick :wub::lol:

:o:o:o That's not about Steve travelling to /from school independently, BTW (which is fantastic, but falls into a different category) - it's about this:

See, even LEA lady's are human :).

Hope all goes well with him getting in to the new placement, but - touch wood - it'll all be plain sailing now 'cos you'll have the right support/backing etc.

L&P

BD :D

"A brilliant LEA lady" - sorry, just trying to get my head around that unusual phrase :lol:...

Great to see you back hev, and to hear things are going so well, and there was I worrying that your silence meant the opposite. :rolleyes:

K x