ScienceGeek

Inauguration day

Oh Not been following that. Who won.

No idea - don't follow it myself. It's the only thing happening at the moment though...isn't it? :unsure:

If you're desperate for a winner though I'll say Musical (Pass The Dutchie on The Left Hand Side) Youth

Ooh I did enjoy that :thumbs:

Best bits:

Aretha Franklin's hat :thumbs:

Obama so nervous he messed up his oath :wub:

Bush flying off into the sunset :thumbs:

To round off a perfick day, we went to the Chinese State Circus tonight as well, awesome!

Obama so nervous he messed up his oath :wub:

Ah, that explains it, I didn't realise he was nervous and was thinking, great start, you didn't learn your lines very well :shame:, most powerful person in the world makes two mistakes in three short lines of text. :oops:

Watched the ending of his speech only - missed the rest. Dubya leaving in the helicopter was definitely the best bit. :D

K x

Been trying to think of previous winners of big brother??

Let me think, there was the John Wayne wannabe, Casanova, oh and the county bumpkin and his dad before him.

Watched the ending of his speech only - missed the rest. Dubya leaving in the helicopter was definitely the best bit. :D

K x

You could imagine the four of them on the steps thinking 'has he gone yet?'

it was a very good speech... i now get to spend the next term analysing it :ph34r: apparently the main complaint is that too much emphasis was put on race... they're never happy!

Ah give me a break! People are never happy. Considering it was the first african american president there was going to be an element of race, and I think the press made a bigger deal of it than Obama himself did. :)

Considering it was the first african american president there was going to be an element of race,

I have heard it said on the news that he is not an african American, He is mixed race. And that apparently makes a big difference.

I have heard it said on the news that he is not an african American, He is mixed race. And that apparently makes a big difference.

Actually if we are going on the literal wording, he is african American in the sense that he his father was from Africa and his mum an American citizen, therefore African American :D . Just not in the sense that most people refer to as African American meaning Black. Just because he is mixed race doesn't take away the fact that he has African roots and still has family over there as well :)

I find this whole race stuff highly amusing. Maybe I don't see the big deal, coming from a mixed race family :huh: I'm just glad to see someone over there in office that is highly intelligent and has some sound policy ideals behind him.

Edited by ScienceGeek

I'm just glad to see someone over there in office that is highly intelligent and has some sound policy ideals behind him.

It will be interesting to see if he can get the people of American to change their way and start to look at more than just their own interests. I hope he can.

I found out today that my 7 year old nephew thought that it was BA Baracas who was being inaugurated :lol:

Now that would be an interesting president :devil:

I found out today that my 7 year old nephew thought that it was BA Baracas who was being inaugurated :lol:

Now that would be an interesting president :devil:

Lol! :lol: That really would be interesting. ;)