Sign in to follow this  
bjkmummy

so fed up - camhs appointment been cancelled for tomorrow

ive had to fight to get joes name even on the cahms list then taken 7 months for his name to get to the top for an appointment. the appointment made before xmas and had a telephone call to say it now cancelled as the doctors kid is sick!!!! im am absolutely gutted and ill admit it im in tears with the frustration of it all.

the doctor is aparently going to phone me tomorrow to arrange another date - he has said taht joe needs to be seen urgently - probably cos they realsie they have not met their targets by seeing him quickly enough. my dh is in the raf and he is on a course so had to beg borrow and steal the time off tomorrow which we had arranged back in january. i know these things happen but why me????????

bjk, let these people know how you have had to rearrange your life to see them!! A friend of mine says, you HAVE to make professionals realise what it is like to be you, to live your life, ( she always gets them listening btw) wish i was like this, getting better though. Keep your chin up girl, and have a drink, x

how dare they.... im so angry on you're behalf of course, these professionals never seem to realise there dealing with our family lives.... I would be expecting him/her to see you this week there are bout to be other ongoing less urgent cases that he could shif to let you in...if they havent rang by lunchtime tomorrow id be on the phone to them.... hope you get you're appointment soon and hang in there!

Sharon >

ive had to fight to get joes name even on the cahms list then taken 7 months for his name to get to the top for an appointment. the appointment made before xmas and had a telephone call to say it now cancelled as the doctors kid is sick!!!! im am absolutely gutted and ill admit it im in tears with the frustration of it all.

the doctor is aparently going to phone me tomorrow to arrange another date - he has said taht joe needs to be seen urgently - probably cos they realsie they have not met their targets by seeing him quickly enough. my dh is in the raf and he is on a course so had to beg borrow and steal the time off tomorrow which we had arranged back in january. i know these things happen but why me????????

Been thinking of you today and hope you're feeling better... did the doctor ring? hope you got an appointment arranged asap!

Sharonx

its now weds - the day the hospital said they would phone with the appointment details - been sat in all day waiting for the phone to ring and so far nothing!!!! think i will ring them up at 2pm - dont they realise how importantthese appointments are to the parents especially when youve had to fight every step of theway!

its now weds - the day the hospital said they would phone with the appointment details - been sat in all day waiting for the phone to ring and so far nothing!!!! think i will ring them up at 2pm - dont they realise how importantthese appointments are to the parents especially when youve had to fight every step of theway!

hope you get news soon... the waiting is the worst bit..

Love Sharon xx

It's really tough when you build yourself up for an appointment - and then it doesn't happen.

Although I also get the other side as well - my DH is a doctor and there have been times when he has had to miss work because of our own ASD child or acute emergencies when our asthma child has been rushed to hospital.

phoned just after 2pm - they said his secretary would call back - and guess what ......... they didnt!!!! dh is going to phone again tomorrow cos ive had enough!!!!!

phoned just after 2pm - they said his secretary would call back - and guess what ......... they didnt!!!! dh is going to phone again tomorrow cos ive had enough!!!!!

So sorry to hear this.. fingers crossed you get results 2morrow!

Sending you big hugs!

Sharonx

good news!!!! they phoned me at 10am this morning - joes appointment now on 3rd march so only a couple of weeks away which i can live with

Delighted for you hope all goes wellxx

bjk, let these people know how you have had to rearrange your life to see them!! A friend of mine says, you HAVE to make professionals realise what it is like to be you, to live your life, ( she always gets them listening btw) wish i was like this, getting better though. Keep your chin up girl, and have a drink, x

Just to add.

How suprised my son`s consultant was when he told me that "My time is very precious you know" I sai My time is exactly as precious as yours.But there is one big difference you know what ?he says no

I sai you are very well paid while I have to live on the �50/week carers akllowance.He hust wanted to send me to see my GP.It is easy to diagnose parents too if they say their feelings but I think he must.

About his remark to see my GP I sai.You are a bit confused here as I am not your patient but my son is.

Well we left that one behind and waiting for the new one.

The problem is I should have filled in a complain form but had no more energy to do that......

Yes they definitly do not want to know about our family life and how to rearrange for their sake...But if we miss an appointment........

Edith

:wallbash:

ahh the old cancel the appointment trick. they do this to looked after children all the time. we had one child who had her appointment cancelled 3 times! i suspect they do it to meet targets, a cancelled appointment is logged differently to one not given, so they reach targets by overbooking, then cancel things.