Diane

a retreat

My son has the opportunity to go to this wonderful place in Cornwall in June. 10 children and 5 teachers will be going. He is thinking about it.

http://www.thefieldofdreams.co.uk/gallery.html

My husband and I quite fancied it ourselves. Has anyone here ever been?

Does anyone else here know of any quiet retreats in this country as our Son will not fly.

Does anyone think a places to get a way from it all thread is a good idea?

Looks beautiful :thumbs:

I think i'd like to just retreat to the house and grounds, but personally all the new-age stuff (shamanism etc) would put me off. If that's the kind of stuff that floats your boat, though, it looks wonderful :D

If you son decides to take the plunge i hope he really loves it. Tell him to bring me back a pastie! On second thoughts, looking at my ever-expanding waistband, perhaps i should settle for the mung bean casserole and optional gas-mask :lol:

My retreat - a big lake; warm autumn day (so you get all the crossover colours in the trees and grass etc) or early spring (goslings!) and a leisurely walk or cycle ride along woodland paths. With an MP3 player...

OR... There's a lovely little seaside town near(ish) to me where you can walk along a wallpath for a good few miles. On your left (going, obviously, it's on your right going back!) is a high grass bank littered with brightly painted beach huts and resting catamaran's waiting for the weekend. On the left is a lovely pebble beach at hig tide/mudbanks full of cockles and seabirds at low. Oh, and don't forget the MP3 player!

L&P

BD :D

Me too, me too!! :pray::bounce:

Looks just wonderful :D

I might even get help with my so-far pants attempts at meditating (I'm not doing too well wiith the breathing through me various chakras! :o:hypno: )

But I believe!! :lol:

Boho :dance:

It looks lovely. My favourite part of the country, we had a lovely holiday in Penzance a few years back (apart from the 12 hour journey there - my friend got to Florida quicker!)

JP, at the grand old age of 19, often says that he will retire there :lol:

(I'm not doing too well wiith the breathing through me various chakras! :o:hypno: )

Try breathing through your mouth or your nose - your chakras can often get blocked :whistle:

Try breathing through your mouth or your nose - your chakras can often get blocked :whistle:

we know a song about that, don't we children...

Chakra Kahn... Ch-ch-chChakra Kahn... oh, let me block you, let me block you Chakra Kahn.

:D

we know a song about that, don't we children...

Chakra Kahn... Ch-ch-chChakra Kahn... oh, let me block you, let me block you Chakra Kahn.

Chakra Khan? Didn't she sing I'm Every Woman? :huh:

I was thinking of idyllic retreats and remembered this place:

HERE

It's got nothing to do with the nakid nimffs - honestly - Years and years and years ago i went out and bought the album 'Dalis Car' on the strength of one track I heard on The Old Grey Bob Show, and this painting by Maxfield Parrish was the cover art. the album was a bit disappointing, but the cover art still knocks my sox off!

So find a proper painting of your idyllic retreat - no photos - to add to the thread (a bit of kulcha!), but don't forget to reply to the OP's question as we don't want to hi-jack the thread.

L&P

BD :D

Ooohhhhh... Taking this one stage further - i just u-tubed an found this! :thumbs::thumbs:

Edited by baddad

For that price you could just as easily hire a cottage somewhere (with it's own pool) and enjoy some peace and quiet.

It isn't very clear if those prices are per room or per person. According to the blurb it talks about "hiring the Field of Dreams," so does that mean a group of people can hire the whole place for a week at the price specified ?