Sign in to follow this  
Daisydot

Car Boot Sales

We are planning to do a car boot sale in the next couple of weeks, weather permitting. We've done pretty well before and thoroughly enjoy ourselves whilst we are there. We love watching the general public go by, not to mention making some extra cash from selling our unwanted items / junk. :whistle: Just wondered what bargains others had found at a boot sale or what is the craziest/best/most expensive thing you have sold.

have done only a few of these, just before i was moving, help get rid of the things i didn't want or didn't need anymore,

some i enjoyed and some i didn't, albeit the weather being the problem, plus i found it hard work. So good luck :thumbs:

hope you make lots of money :)

When we moved into our house there was a victorian fire grate left in the garden. We sold it for �50.00. I've never found any bargains like paid 10p for something then sold it for loads, although I live in hope !

The best thing I ever found at a bootsale was a set of Sooty, Sweep and Sue puppets, which my son with severe SALT absolutely loved and spent many hours playing with, making them speak and squeak, etc which was great for him. Cost me �1.00.

i av not found anything that has been worth loads but still looking lol

i love bootsales and but loads of stuff from them

love donnaxxxx

Ooooo, my house is chocka with bags of stuff destined for a CBS!!!!

We're going to give the money to my eldest's current school, as a way of saying thank you for all the hard work.

Either that or we go get vouchers for a local restaurant and tell the staff to part fund a night out on us.....

We could even get vouchers for a staff pamper day or something.....what d'you think?

Anyway, I once bought an old 1950's triang tricycle at a boot sale for a fiver, and both my sons have loved it.

I do enjoy a bit of a rummage!

At my son's special needs school they have a staff pampering day every year on a day towards the end of the summer term. Parents provide fruit, chocolate and and so on. I like the idea of restaurant vouchers. Maybe other parents would like to contribute.

Last year, hubby and I did a car boot sale with all the left overs from the school summer fayre - books, toys, etc and we made 200.00 to add to the school funds. We had notices up with the charity name and number and people were giving us donations as well as buying the stuff.

Car boot sale?

I went to one of them but I couldn't find a car boot I liked.

Edited by chris54

My DH is really into old tins - like tobacco or biscuit tins which he buys at car boots and sells at antique fairs or on Ebay.

A few years ago he found an old train tin, missing its lid and he felt sure it was valuable. He took it to a dealer (of tins!) who gave him �500 for it!!!!

He's not had such a good find since but he always makes a profit on stuff he buys - he does have his uses!!!

Stella xx

I did one once *shudder*

All those people...touching my things...never again!

And sold most of my baby stuff, only to find out 6 months later... :whistle:

So had to go to an NCT sale to buy everything again! :hypno:

Boho :dance:

Edited by bid

Im not that keen on folk rummaging through my stuff either, but I take my hubby and he scares off any would be rip off merchants.

I've kept the pram all these years in case we ever had a little "accident", :oops: better not sell it then, just in case.