Sign in to follow this  
Karen A

DLA reconsideration

Ben has qualified for middle rate care and lower rate mobility after reconsideration.We have 1400 in back money coming.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: Thanks to all of you wonderful people who encouraged me to ask for a review.

I have read the letter three times I am so shocked. :D

School has been tough for the last month or so and so good news could not have come at a better time.Karen.

Edited by Karen A

:thumbs:>:D<<'> :thumbs: way hey there! >:D<<'> :thumbs:>:D<<'> :notworthy:>:D<<'> :thumbs::rolleyes::jester: Really, Really Pleased for Ben, and obvously for you too KarenA. It makes a BIG difference getting DLA and now he has rights to meet ALL his needs, I am absaloutly chuffed that the reconsideration has benefitted Ben.

JsMumxxx

:thumbs:>:D<<'>

Congratulations its great to hear such positive news XXX :jester::thumbs:

:robbie: (cause its almost easter!)

DX

Excellent news ..My son too has jsyt been re awarded his D.L.A. until he is 16 unfortunately I did not tell them he spent 14 nights a month at boarding school so I owe some monies back ...I completely forgot to tell them

Congratulations!! Well done for not giving up!!!

Probably not the right time as you are still celebrating, but as you get middle rate care - you are entitled to carers allowance (if you don't work). Maybe worth a look......

Excellent news ..My son too has jsyt been re awarded his D.L.A. until he is 16 unfortunately I did not tell them he spent 14 nights a month at boarding school so I owe some monies back ...I completely forgot to tell them

Your still entitled to the mobility, and then the days he is at home, the DLA send you a form to fill in called the boarders form do you have this?

Carers allowance also pay the days your child is at home also and carers allowance send you another seperate form and you fill in the days he is at home also.

Just rechecking this, if you have any daught to what your entitled to Contact A Family will help you out and NAS have a Welfare Rights Service.

JsMumxxx

Your still entitled to the mobility, and then the days he is at home, the DLA send you a form to fill in called the boarders form do you have this?

Carers allowance also pay the days your child is at home also and carers allowance send you another seperate form and you fill in the days he is at home also.

Just rechecking this, if you have any daught to what your entitled to Contact A Family will help you out and NAS have a Welfare Rights Service.

JsMumxxx

I cant claim carers allownance as I work full time (well I cram 37 plus hours into a short weeks)

my son gets lower rate mobilty and high rate care .thanks for your help .I had to send a form with all the days and nights he was home and at school ...glad I actually had a record of it but don't fear I owe loads back as he was off school for months with a broken leg last year

I might be tempted to make this known at school, next time you hear any of the "big fuss about nothing" type put downs they are so good at handing out!

Congratulations! Well done for perservering.

... and now you can afford that dog or what was the other thing you were considering for next year :P

Sorry,Karen, missed this thread.

Great news :thumbs::thumbs:

Drinks are on you, are they? :D

Well done for persevering!

K x