Sign in to follow this  
ScienceGeek

DLA Renewal Form

The dreaded big brown envelope has arrived. I'm going to get help this time to fill it in and actually have my dx this time around as well. Just looking at the form is making me nervous :unsure: Wish me luck! :wacko:

Did you take photocopies of your original application? This will help you put the right information into the renewal application. If nothing has changed in your level of needs, you should get re-awarded at the same level.

Good luck!

Well, this time, take copies so that it will help you next time :)

Try not to put it off, otherwise you will just spend more time feeling nervous.

I found the NAS website had some useful information on filling in the form.

Good luck. Do look at the links in the pinned DLA topic above, they might help you organise your thoughts.

K x

Good luck :), try not to put off doing it, i ended up untill one in the morning and had to send it via special delivery, i

wont be doing that again. link's helped and past post's also NAS website I found helpful.

Teresa :)

How long do you think I could put off filling this in? The claim doesn't run out until the end of September. I can't deal with this right now, it is an already stressful time of the year without this on top. Got several major pieces of coursework due in on Monday and then revision for exams to do. Plus I have to gather medical evidence etc, I just don't have the energy for it. D'ya think putting it off until early June would be ok? I've filled in the NAS supplemental sheets already and that was mentally draining enough for me. :tearful:

Well my daughter's form sat in the envelope for a few weeks before I got round to it and they actually sent us a reminder! Like you I couldn't face doing it. I think you're probably safe to leave it till June, although if you need to ask anyone else for evidence it might be a good idea to approach them now just in case they take their time. You're probably safe leaving the form filling till June, I think they like to give people the maximum amount of time to fill in the form to ensure that it's processed before the claim runs out, just in case of delays - eg if they needed to collect more information before making the decision.

K x

Edited by Kathryn

When do we have to renew them? as in how many x years?

Well when i was at college for 4years i had to re new mine every 2years why i ask myslef, but sence i lifed have not to re fill any fourms in for my dla so i'm not too sure, i dont now when they deside i think

Got letter from DWP today, my DLA has been renewed for another 3 years! :thumbs:

:thumbs:

thats something that can be put to the back of your mind for a few years, well done for persivering.

JsMumxxx

well done - its nice when its done and dusted for a while.

We just got DH's renewal through - extended indefinitely WOOT! They hardly ever do that :thumbs: But I think DS's will be up for renewal soon - I doubt he'll get more than a year or two - things change so much at his age.