Sign in to follow this  
hamish

Never send Dad shoe shopping

Hi

Made the mistake of sending Dad shoe shopping with DS at the weekend. Of course he won't wear the shoes because they aren't like his last pair and they 'feel funny'.

Luckily Clarks still do the same shoes as his last pair (surprised at this as it was Sep 08 I bought them) so have managed to swap them for an identical pair. Just wondering now whether I should buy another few pairs in bigger sizes, although at £32 a pair this will be expensive :o

Anyone else done a similar thing or know if you can order older stock once they are no longer in shops ?

S x

I did do that once, but mainly because I had some uniform grant money to use up. Clarks don't really like to sell you next size ups, as they can't fit them. They will write on the receipt "not fitted" though.

It is surprising how long Clarks keep their styles going - it's been great for us, as two of mine are quite fussy about shoes. You could make a trip to one of Clarks outlet stores - they sell shoes at bargain prices.

Now the problem is that Clarks have changed.......when I was a girl all of the Carks shoes never appeared to change whatever the fashion.They were always plain,dark,lace up,boring.....like elderly ladies would wear for church.No change from one year to the next so no need to worry. :devil::lol::lol:

we av the same prob with reece and end up goin back just praying they will av the same as he has already or he ends up trying on every pair getting more and more stressed and still comes away with his old ones bohoooooo

love donna xxxx

Nice to see it's not just us :thumbs: shoe shopping and the dentist have to be at the top of our list of most stressful but neccesary visits.

He is small for his age and his feet only seem to grow about once a year so at least I can put it off for a while now.

Bid, I empathise entirely- I love shoes too :wub:

S x

our last shoe shopping was ok, he likes measuring his feet and he knew his old shoes were getting tight,so we showed him pairs to choose and try on and walk about to see if they feel comfortable,he got 2 pairs in the end,which we jointly chose,he walked funny in them for a while, he changes between the 2 we got and so he is used to them both now.

we have got a huge problem in getting shoes for our son he is 13 years old with size 11 feet and a e fit width they dont make them that size at clarks any advice.

we have got a huge problem in getting shoes for our son he is 13 years old with size 11 feet and a e fit width they dont make them that size at clarks any advice.

Same here, age 10 size 9 feet and cannot do shoe laces. What a nightmare. Ok for trainers because they come with velcro but school shoes!!! He is not fussed about the style which is just as well because it has been limited to the same style for a good couple of years now and because he is fairly active shoes don't last five minutes!

We solved the laces on larger shoe sizes problem by replacing normal laces with elasticated ones designed for triathalon shoes. Available from ebay they aren't cheap but work a treat on trainers, especially when they have to get them on for school PE in a short time. If he had to tie them he would miss the lesson each week.

We solved the laces on larger shoe sizes problem by replacing normal laces with elasticated ones designed for triathalon shoes. Available from ebay they aren't cheap but work a treat on trainers, especially when they have to get them on for school PE in a short time. If he had to tie them he would miss the lesson each week.

Thanks I'll look that up!

Finally got G to agree to having his feet measured last W/end (using the fab downloadable DIY foot measure...No more waiting in Clarks :thumbs: )...His shoes were 2 sizes too small!!! :ph34r: He's now in size 13, and he's only 5! What will he be like as a teenager? I've visions of 7-league boots littering my house...or maybe just selling the house and living in the cast-off boots! :D .

Took him to TKMaxx for cheap designer stuff and got him loverly sandal-type things, but had to be really devious... They have a logo on the label of a spy-type character in a trilby, and G's cousin J is really into Indiana Jones, so I latched onto that...

G: No, I don't like them. I don't want new shoes. I like my old ones.

Me: Yes, you're right. You shouldn't have these, J would be way too jealous, and we don't want to make him jealous.

G: Why would J be jealous? (looking with interest at the shoes ;) )

Me: Well, because they're Indiana Jones shoes, aren't they? (moving away from the stand and putting shoes back)...No, you'd better not have them. I'll tell aunty V to get them for J.

G: I AM having them! Pleeeese, Mum...I rEEEEly want them!

So, a bit of guile and cunning involved there... :whistle: .

I would have got away with it as well, if it hadn't been for that pesky kid...on our way out today, he went into mini-panic because he wanted to wear his (now recycled) school shoes (size 11, mind you!)...Why?....Because they're comfy!!! :wallbash:

I took my daughter sandal shopping today and she is size 5 adults. She is 7 and has grown 3 sizes in a year. At this rate she will be able to cross the Channel on foot soon! What have I done to have children with such big feet!!! Well, no need to say that we could not find children sandals in size 5. I ended up with one pair in the whole shop that remotely suitable, they are blue and seriously horrid and they cost £50.00, yes 50. I have never spent that sort of money on a pair of shoes for myself. Came out of shop and the two of us felt so low :tearful: that we headed straight for cafe and had cakes and milkshake.

I had a real isue with shoes as a kid - would insist on wearing shoes about one size too big- had a lot of sesnory issues. My mum dreaded the visit to Clarkes each term. She says that i was really embarassing as I would be so akward. My Dd (dx SID and ASD- 8) is just the same. I hate shopping foe shoes or clothes with her. My mum now understands perhaps why I was like that. I have to take DD this weekend and would love to send hubbie but he just wouldnt have the patience.

Yes, this is so familiar. Lucy didn't like any of the shoes as they were too tight. I ended up buying boys shoes (don't tell her!) in a cheapy shoe shop. They were leather and a much broader fit than the girls. They're more like trainers and have velcro straps. She wears them out quickly but I bought 4 pairs; 2 in size 5 and two in size 6. Funnily enough she seems quite content even though i've just realised she is wearing one size 5 and one size 6 :lol:

Edited by Shona