Sign in to follow this  
giggles

Hi everyone I am new

Hi everyone. My name is Jan and I am from Liverpool. I have 4 beautiful children aged 15, 12, 6 and 3. My youngest boy is on IEP in nursery and is awaiting an assessment. Although he has not been diagnosed with AS as yet the senco thinks that is what he has and after reading up on the disorder I do agree with her. I would like to talk to others in same situation because , as I am sure you all were, I am scared he is going to suffer as he grows with bullying and such. He is such a wonderful, talented beautiful boy and it breaks my heart to think this way.

I am glad I found this site... hope to get to know you all soon :D

Jan xxx

Hi giggles welcome :thumbs:

Emma

Hi everyone. My name is Jan and I am from Liverpool. I have 4 beautiful children aged 15, 12, 6 and 3. My youngest boy is on IEP in nursery and is awaiting an assessment. Although he has not been diagnosed with AS as yet the senco thinks that is what he has and after reading up on the disorder I do agree with her. I would like to talk to others in same situation because , as I am sure you all were, I am scared he is going to suffer as he grows with bullying and such. He is such a wonderful, talented beautiful boy and it breaks my heart to think this way.

Jan xxx

Hi Jan and welcome. You'll get lots of help and support here. My son is in reception at school and is coping very well with the right support. Do you have a date for your assessment?

No date yet but they said it could take a while to hear from them. Ty is coping well in nursery... he just does his own thing there basically lol. Do you know what they do at these assessments? x

Hi Jan, a belated welcome tothe forum.

We are just over the water in Birkenhead and also have 4 children, aged 5,7,9 and 11. The eldest two are on the spectrum and go to a special school.

Simon

Jan xxx

Hi there Jan welcome to the forum, we are fairly new to all of this as well, we have 2 great children aged 5 and 2, Liam is the 2 year old who is showing all the three classic signs of autism which has been picked up on by Liams nursery and our GP but with so many discussions with the health visitor who just says that Liam is just slow in development her words, but we knew that there was something that wasn't adding up with Liam, we are on the waiting list for an assessment its just horrid having to wait when u just want to help your child but u don't know what is the best way to go about it. We have done research on ASD but there is still lots that we don't know, we have filled out the disability allowance forms yesterday and it was horrid as you have to put all the bad things about your child and nothing good, so had to complete it in stages and that took most of the day with tweaking here and there.

speak soon A and A

Hi A and A. It's good that the nurseries are picking up on these things better these days. I cant fault Tyler's nursery they have been amazing!! Have you had a diagnosis yet?

Jan xxx

Hi giggles, no we havent had a diagnosis yet, still in the early stages. Yes our nursery has been great, the nursery manager picked up on our sons needs straight away and is making sure he get one to one attention. They are also making notes of his behavour while he's at nursery, which is to be given to the people doing the diagnosis/ assessment. So they are being a great help!

A and A

Edited by A and A