Sign in to follow this  
julieann

Confused about statement dates

Hi all,

The parent of the pupil I support (Mrs X) has ask if I will sit with her at her daughters review meeting in 4 weeks time. My senco has been off sick since February and when I e-mailed her said she doesn't want me at the meeting.

I think Mrs X can name me as her representative at the meeting if that is what she wants. :devil:

My senco has e-mailed me asking me to write a review on how things are going this year with my pupil ready for this meeting.

I mentioned this to Mrs X and explained that I wasn't allowed to see her daughters statement and therefore didn't know what we were meant to be implimenting anyway and she offered to loan her copy to me. She dropped it off at school this afternoon and I have been reading it. It also wrongly states that I was invited to attend when infact I was told the room was too small for all the people that would be attending. There was only Mrs X, senco and connections advisor :huh::huh:

I am a little confused. :tearful::tearful:

Is this the way it works.

Do you go to a review meeting to talk about what help the pupil received the year before. Surely you should be looking at what has and hasn't worked over the year that has just gone.

My pupil is nearly at the end of year 10 due to go into year 11 in September and the statement is all about what help she would be getting in year 9.

We have just had cams first ar and his teacher, his 1 to 1 and the school senco attended so im not sure why your senco asked you not to attend! i brought a lady from PP with me for support as dh is in the USA at the mo, you could suggest this to the parent.

After each Review, an annual review report is produced which states if the last targets were met, and sets new ones for the coming year, so you need to look at the last annual review report too.

with my son his TA has always come to his annual review, infact i cant see how we would have an annual review without her. She is the one that nos him best at school not the SENCO. my sons TA has always been supportive,and between us we work out what works, and what is best for him, she is the one we trust the most. by we i mean myself and importantly my son. If it is possible and the parent wants you there ask again your advice could be so important.