Sign in to follow this  
jan

School Records

Hi there,

Just wanted a bit of a moan. :( I have just recieved a copy of my sons school record and it makes for interesting (and depressing) reading! :crying:

There is stuff in there that makes my blood boil :angry::angry::angry:

For instance, the head has done a synopsis of M from his first problems in school (a different school) to present day. But all she has done is emphasise all the negative stuff, she has not mentioned any of what he does well! If you were reading it and did not know him you would think you were about to encounter the child from hell! Needless to say there is no mention at all that he was actually doing quite well in his previous school inspite of his ASD and that his teachers all reported him as delightful :angry::angry::angry: It was only when he started at this school that his behaviours became quite so extreme and that was mainly due to the fact that he was treated as if his behaviours had nothing to do with his ASD.

There are even comments about things that have happened away from school :angry: (very small rural community) all of which questions our parenting skills and tries to show M as an out of control child, whose parents are completely unable to cope!!! She has always questioned our ability to cope with M as she was completely unable to change his behaviour, or should I say uner her regime his behaviour continued to deteriorate! Her opinion was that to cope in the real world he would have to act normally! :wacko:

I know I am rambling a bit (ok a lot!!) but I am so cross. I should not be surprised, after all we took him out of there to home educate and the change in his behaviour, in such a short time, has astounded even me :o He has gone from being angry and miserable to a happy smiling child, he is much calmer and his meltdowns are almost non existant. So who wasn't able to manage him, them or us? (please don't answer that question!)

Thanks for letting me have my moan, I feel better now :D:thumbs:

jan

PS I recommend anyone having problems with school to get a copy of their childs school record, that way you can challange things if needs be.

He has gone from being angry and miserable to a happy smiling child, he is much calmer and his meltdowns are almost non existant. So who wasn't able to manage him, them or us? (please don't answer that question!)

Sorry I know you said don't answer but the answer is the school it is clear that you are doing very well!

Theresa

It was probably because I wanted to be able to celebrate anything that Matthew did well that added to our decision to take him out of the system.

Who needs to hear that their kids are failing a demons all of the time :(

But at least you do not have to worry about them any longer and their rigid thinking. Makes you wonder which one is autistic :lol:

Carole