Sign in to follow this  
julie1

we won

i am writting with great news, i posted a while ago about my son and the fact that we were going to tribunal to appeal part 2,3,and 4 of his statement. well the LA have issued a new statement saying that our son can go to our choice of school which is an independent school with a unit to help children with autism. we are so pleased the LA have changed everything we asked. They said they had no case to go to tribunal with. I did not expect to win and am a little shocked still. this is the best news ever. My son starts in year 10 in september and so will have all the support he needs for his GCSEs. So to anyone still trying dont give up its always worth the fight you never no if we won so could you.

i am writting with great news, i posted a while ago about my son and the fact that we were going to tribunal to appeal part 2,3,and 4 of his statement. well the LA have issued a new statement saying that our son can go to our choice of school which is an independent school with a unit to help children with autism. we are so pleased the LA have changed everything we asked. They said they had no case to go to tribunal with. I did not expect to win and am a little shocked still. this is the best news ever. My son starts in year 10 in september and so will have all the support he needs for his GCSEs. So to anyone still trying dont give up its always worth the fight you never no if we won so could you.

That's excellent news :groupwave: Well done you :thumbs:

We are having our own battle with the LEA at the moment about their refusal to assess. As soon as I mentioned SENDIST, they suddenly found all the paperwork they said they hadn't received, and are now reconsidering DSs case :o

I hope your boy enjoys his new school :thumbs:

Fantastic news!!!!! So pleased for you - getting an independent school isn't easy, so well done! :thumbs::thumbs:

Hope all goes well for your son.

K x

Thanks everyone, i agree never trust the LA whats the saying keep your friends close but your enemys even closer. Still ive got it in writting the new school is named in his statement. Good luck to everyone out there who is taking on their LA. my advice is get a copy of the code of practice, it helped me a lot. I now have 2 children in independent schools, and heres to hoping there future will be much improved because of it.