Sign in to follow this  
annie

A new start for us....again

Sorry I haven't been around for a while. Alex started Education other than at school yesterday and wow, what a difference already.

He's started off with only about 7 hours for this week (Mon-Thurs). Which is great seeing as though he's been out of the education system since November last year. I dropped him off earlier and the lady who runs it for our LEA has already organised another 2 subjects for him. We're just waiting for the times/days to be confirmed. They are also going to arrange a work placement for him on Fridays which he is really looking forward to :dance:

The classes only have 5 or 6 pupils in each subject. Yesterday's one was only him and 4 girls. He's going to enjoy that subject :devil: (he's 15 and hormonal).

It feels so good to see Alex happy and wanting to learn again. He's even getting up ealier :D

If anyone has a child who cannot cope with school it may be worth asking your LEA about Education other than at school. The classes are small and some classes have 2 teachers in them. Alex did it before he went to mainstream secondary school (which didn't work out) and he loved it. It is a much more relaxed atmosphere. My only regret is that we didn't stick with it from before. I know it may not suit all ASD children, but the whole setup suits Alex.

Annie

XX

Thank you D's Mum

I'm just having a coffee and some hob-nobs to celebrate.............well it is still early isn't it. :devil:

Annie

Annie,

That's great news, it's good to hear that things are improving. :thumbs:

You can always celebrate again later, this time with something a bit stronger!

Nellie xx

Simon, Nellie, Bid :notworthy:

Everybody on this forum has kept me going. I think I'll send the rest of my hob-nobs down to the 'Batcave'.

The wine is in the fridge for later. :devil:

Annie