Sign in to follow this  
julia

Whats my entitlement ? Statemented!!

Hi all

My son could not cope with the aspergers unit and I had to call it a day , with the full understanding of the head !!, We have tried every trick in the book !!!!

I was told today that I will have to educate my son myself !!!! He has a statement so if anyone / who is responsible for his education ????

I have a multi - agency meeting on thurs , so please tell me my sons rights !!!!

At the last meeting I said I was not capable with the maths and more challenging subjects, obviously I am not a qualified teacher. I was told today "he is not ill, or he could be helped with home tutoring"

In haste, look forward to your response

Julia x

Edited by julia

Hi Julia,

I have posted today (a new start). We were in a similar position to you. I knew I wouldn't have been able to home education either. Our Parent Partnership told us about Education other than at school. We had tried it before, then Alex went to a mainstream school with an ASD unit attached, that didn't work out, so we're back to where we were. It worked really well before, and I am confident it will work again. They teach in small groups, with one or two teachers. Before, Alex (15) did have 1:1 home tutoring as well. It is organised through the LEA, so you could ask them about it.

Please let me know if I can help.

Annie

XX

Hi Julia,

Your LEA has a legal duty to educate your son. They aren't allowed to just say you've got to do it yourself! :angry::angry:

You should contact IPSEA or the NAS as soon as possible for professional and legal advice.

Good luck!

Bid :wacko: