5thwheel

Hi from me.

Hi everyone

Thought it was about time I introduced myself. I am a 27 year old man who has struggled through life trying to understand what is going on. I am fairly sure that I have an ASD of some form and I am seeing a psychiatrist in under two weeks time. I already have a diagnosis of ADHD (innattentive) which I got 8 months ago after previously being diagnosed with chronic depression. This has been really good for me and I have gone from almost giving up on life to thinking about the future. However I do not believe that ADHD is the full story as no matter how hard I tried I still could not communicate with people successfuly. I used to believe that this was social anxiety but the information I found on ASD's has been an eye opener.

People make eye contact! Why did nobody tell me! Facial expressions? Surly the words people say mean what they mean?

I sure hope that Im not a fraud and that I have found the right place. If I am completly wrong then at least I can express my solidarity.

5thwheel

hiya welcome

People make eye contact! Why did nobody tell me! Facial expressions? Surly the words people say mean what they mean?

5thwheel

:lol:

Helloo and welcome!

Hi again.

Thanks for everyones welcome.

Its official. I have ASD along with ADHD. I was diagnosed a few weeks ago by my stand in pshyciatrist, no boxes ticked or assessment done just, 'yes, you have ASD but I dont see why it is important'. I am now on my GP's file as having Aspergers syndrome.

Did anyone else get there diagnosis this way?

5thwheel

That was an insensitive for them to say! i went to a child psych age 16 to get diagnosed. i was given a leaflet on Asperger syndrome and sent on my way.

Congratulations on your asperger syndrome diagnosis. :dance:B)

Would you like to meet other autistics in RL?

http://www.nas.org.uk/nas/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=2176&a=7719 (NAS adult autism social groups in Scotland)

There are social groups in the following areas:

* Glasgow under-30's (2 Groups)

* Glasgow over-30's

* Clydebank/West Dunbartonshire

* Edinburgh

* Dundee

* Inverness

For further information about social groups in Scotland please contact:

Social Programmes Manager (Scotland)

The National Autistic Society Scotland

1st Floor

Central Chambers