Sign in to follow this  
Karen A

Things were going so well.......

Well Ben was coping very well with his new secondary school.Unfortunately he fell over at school at lunch time and has broken his arm. :tearful:

On a positive note for Ben a film crew were in A and E filming a new series of hospital heroes.They spent some time with Ben and myself and the consultant and nurses.

Ben and myself may have a moment of fame later in the year.Ben thought it was worth breaking his arm for. :lol:

I wish I had known that I might be filmed I would have been looking half respectable. :oops:

For those of you who are new and think I sound not too bothered in the last eighteen months Ben has now broken both arms and two fingers,

bid you may remember the waterproof cover I suggested.I noticed them in a drawer yesterday and debated whether to throw them away but thought I might need them again some day. :rolleyes:

Karen.

Edited by Karen A

Oh no! :( Hope it mends quickly. Will he be able to go back to school in the meantime?

K x

I hope so.Ben has been enjoying :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: school so I am desperate not to disrupt things while they are going well.

I am going to talk to school in the morning.The worst case is likely to be that they decide he needs to stay at home until the orthopaedic OP put on a full plaster on Monday.At the momment he just has a back slab [half plaster for support].

I am wondering whether we will be able to get a shirt and tie on in the morning.A rather dramatic way to avoid the dreaded tie.......... :devil:

I had to laugh.The new year sevens obviously were not sure what to do about Ben lieing yelling in the playground.After some delay when they apparently stood around doing nothing Ben yelled at them ''Go and get a teacher this is not a flippin tourist attraction..........'' :D

Well, if he ever gets into drama classes he'll be a shoo in for a role in 'Holby' or 'Casualty'.

He's broken two arms and two fingers in the past eighteen months? Viscious little beggar! Whose, exactly?

Hope he mends real quick and that it doesn't upset the very positive new-skool vibes so far.

L&P

BD :D

Oh No for the breaking an arm, and wow for the Filming crew.

I have only just got over the trauma when J broke his arm, which has healed great, he recieved the xrays on a cd from the hospital in the holidays and was able to show his mates his broken bones and how they healed, bones are amazing things, the way they repair is fasinating, and for some reason childrens bones repair quicker and though not as stong as they may of been previously are stronger than an adults repaired bone.

does he recieve physio or OT for his mobility?

JsMum

Oh no this is typical, just as things start to go well, disaster happens! I have become desensitised to my kids breaking their arms too my DD has done it once and my DS2 has done it twice now and the last time we had to use a cover too as it happened 1 week before our holiday :-/, only it did not work too well as your not really suppose to jump in the pool but try telling a 6 year old not to jump in a pool! ;-) we had a rather smelly plaster by the end of it :-), I hope he mends soon, maria x

Oh Karen! - Poor Ben, hope he keeps in schoolas much as possible. Hope he's not in too much pain. When I saw your thread heading I thought 'oh no'. My Ds has been given his first detention - lasted 4 days! I'm going to have to ring his school as he hasn't had any support for the last 2 days :wallbash: .

Hope you survive being a 'nurse' again.!

AV

Hope Ben is OK - is is a big plaster?

We are also a bit blasé these days about broken arms - the past 6 years - M has had 7 breaks including one memorable Christmas with 2 breaks.... However M also thought is was worth it as she got a present from the hospital for being treated on Christmas Day

I think the hospital staff were starting to suspect us - but she's never broken an arm at home - mostly at school in fact - we had to go for a orthopaedic consultation - but they came to the conclusion that there was nothing wrong with her bone - she was just clumsy and fell awkwardly

Hi all.We gave up on the idea of school for today.Ben did not sleep well and in a lot of pain this morning. :tearful:

He is worried about how he will cope at school.I am going to phone the SENCO in a while to see if she can put a bit of extra help in place for a few days.

I am just glad I have not been too hasty in using my time in the day time.......just as I was about to get back to the gym. :oops::D