Sign in to follow this  
Teresa

Ideas for a wedding gift

Anyone got any ideas for a wedding gift around £30 they are both in their early fifty's, have been looking but running out off time look's like it's going to be money and this rate.

Teresa

Hi Teresa,

Don't have an idea for £30 - but someone I knew at a wedding recently did a keepsake memory book thing for the bride and groom - which included their invitation, their table card, anything that they'd supplied on the tables i.e. gold/cream almonds, pressed flower from the bouquet, a little notelet completed with best wishes from as many guests as they could get together with a couple of pictures all set onto cards etc in a box. Absolutely lovely idea and so unique - haven't been to a wedding since to have a go myself.

Take care,

Jb

Thanks guys great ideas, don't know them that well which makes it harder, she is my neighbour a lovely person we chat when we are in the garden, and she once asked if T would be interested in having a chat with her about her ME, as she was applying for a job in that sector. I really didn't want to go if i'm being honest as we thought we would not know anyone but she's invited the other neighbour's that live on the other side of her as well. So that's why i'm finding it so hard have been looking at some photo frame's also I like the idea of the memory box wish i had done that for my brother's wedding and think they might have a toaster, have been looking at hamper's but i think i left that one to late as the wedding is this saturday, that's me last minute, oh well if all else fail's i will give them a bottle bubbly and some money as a last resort, not very good i know, but it's hard when they already have what they need.

Teresa

When you say invited to the wedding, I assume you mean the reception afterward as the wedding its self is open for anyone to attend.

If it were me I would do the cop out and get a shop voucher. Most people today by the time they get around to getting married already have all the things that once made up the wedding gift list, all the things you need when setting up a now home.

A nice card with a A---S voucher in it.

photo frames are traditional and you could get a very nice one for £30. photo albums are also popular, especially if you took some photos at the service/reception to put in it before you gave it to them. otherwise, a tree/shrub if they have a garden, a piece of art if you know what their house looks like, something practical they probably dont have (icecream maker springs to mind). some places will do up a gift reciept these days so if they already had one of whatever you choose they could swap it for something else. i dont like giving gift vouchers because they show a lack of thought (unless they asked for them).

another nice idea is a donation in their name to a charity that is important to them

Edited by NobbyNobbs