tired and fed up

Hello new to all this :)

Just thought I'd pop in and say hello... Im a new forum user.

I come from yorkshire and have two children a little girl called eden-rose aged 6years and evan aged 7mths.

I'm currently struggling with the system with my daughter who is suspected as being either high functioning autistic or learning disabilitieswith autistic traits.

I attend a support group when I can but I also work full time so find it all a struggle to fit in, however I was told to come here by a friend from this group to discuss difficulties that Im currently experiencing with the system and some general support I guess :)

Sorry I usually have more to say but it's abit of a one way convo just now :rolleyes:

Hi tired and fed up,

Welcome to the forum. :)

Feel free to post any questions you have whenever you feel strong enough, or just have a moan if you feel like it!

K x

Hi tired and fed up,

Welcome to the forum. :)

Feel free to post any questions you have whenever you feel strong enough, or just have a moan if you feel like it!

K x

Thankyou Kathyn I think Im going to pop over to the education board :)

Hello there and welcome to the forum :)

Hi my name is Fiona, I have 2 children. Connor is 4 and Aimee is 6. Aimee was diagnosed with AS in february earlier this year after her nursery teacher initially mentioned it 2 years ago. I found it a relief to have an explanation after years of putting up with comments like my daughter just needed a good smack from friends, relatives etc. Since her diagnoses I have tried to find out as much as I can about AS and I'm trying to be more patient with her and to stop blaming myself for the way she behaves all the time. I go to a local support group ( only one around here as we're in a rural area) for disabled children which is great but there are no other parents with a child with AS so would be great to here from someone in a similar situation. Bye4noo

Hi Tired and fed up, sound like you really are and no wonder really, it is the hardest part of the process having children been suspected of an ASD or some form of learning difficulty, so it is very draining what your going throw also a mum of a tiny iccle baby so no wonder its exhausting for you, your in safe hands here, Ive got a lot of support here too, so hopefully we can try and help you too.

National Autistic Society has some good information on Learning Disabilities and Autism and also HFA so do give them a ring and they will send you a pack of the relivant information and assessment routes too.

Anyway glad youve found your way here.

JsMumxxx

>:D<<'>

Edited by JsMum

Hi my name is Fiona, I have 2 children. Connor is 4 and Aimee is 6. Aimee was diagnosed with AS in february earlier this year after her nursery teacher initially mentioned it 2 years ago. I found it a relief to have an explanation after years of putting up with comments like my daughter just needed a good smack from friends, relatives etc. Since her diagnoses I have tried to find out as much as I can about AS and I'm trying to be more patient with her and to stop blaming myself for the way she behaves all the time. I go to a local support group ( only one around here as we're in a rural area) for disabled children which is great but there are no other parents with a child with AS so would be great to here from someone in a similar situation. Bye4noo

Welcome to the boards.

Alexis

Hello again everybody :)

Thanks for your welcomes to the group, hopefully I'll be of use to someone soon when I've got through some of the hoops of the system...untill then thankyou for your support! :thumbs:

Hello and welcome,

Here we are masters of jumping through or getting around hoops. So feel free to post any questions or difficulties you are having.