Sign in to follow this  
chris54

Its all over.

Well I know when christmas is over, new toys forgotten about and the old favorites have come out today.

Overall its not been a bad time, quiet with just the 3 of use here, but that's the way I like it, sort of.

Was working on christmas day and boxing day nights but it didant really have a big impact on the going on's at home. Will also be working all over new year, which will mean it will be the first new years we nave not seen in together since we first met, my wife and myself that is.

It will be just another day at work, just as christmas was. The staff do try to make something of it with decorations and card and gifts and christmas dinner and all the rest but if I'm honest most of the resident don't really get it and for some it can be hard as its a change to their routines.

There was a big tin of chocolate biscuits and 2 tins of sweets for the staff on christmas day, which, by the end of my shift were somewhat depleted. Went home on boxing day morning suffering from chocolate overload.

I get to this time of year and do wonder if it was all worth it.

Hope next year brings every one what they desire.

I always feel a little low when I wake up on boxing day.Its like a sense of loss.All the weeks of excitement,preparation etc that goes into christmas day and then its all over :tearful:

I have to say its most definatley worth it,to see my kids happy and to just feel a sense of joy and peace.Enjoying the "togetherness" and special family traditions,knowing we are creating fond memories for them.Everyday we seem to be doing our "own thing" so busy with our lives and thats why I think christmas is special it gives us that chance to share one anothers happiness, at work or home.Sorry blabbing nonsense now :whistle:

The great thing is we can do it again next yr and after and....For me that means we can sort of learn and improve the experience each yr.I moved out of home at a young age so I created my own family tradtions and self taught how to cook a roast dinner.Things just get better each year for me and my family.So here's to 2010 and another christmas :thumbs:

Christmas in our house is just like any other day now the kids are older.Our daughter is 2 weeks of being 18 she spent xmas eve working,xmas day all but an hour at her boyfreinds,boxing day working and the sunday and the monday today will be the first time ive seen her she spent the whole xmas period up at her boyfreinds.............Our aspie son isnt realy into xmas and neither one of them wanted wrapped gifts they just wanted cash to do and buy what they wanted.....

Christmas is for little kids and i look back and realy miss the times when they were excited that santa had come and the liveing room was full of wrapped presents and the house noisy with there laughter and yet at the time you dont realise how fast those times are going to pass and be gone.............

If youre kids are little appreaciate it because before you know where you are there all grown up and dont give a monkeys about christmas or family or anything all there bothered over is how they can get to see there bloke ............

We had a great Christmas here, just us for the first time in years which was lovely (even though I do enjoy guests).

Big A worked on Christmas Eve and Boxing Day, but he spent the whole of Christmas Day morning in the sitting room with us which is unheard of :lol: building lego with his little brother :wub:

Just a really nice relaxed time :D

Bid :)

Edited by bid

We had a wonderful day! AT home with my brother, sister and a family friend- and we were so relaxed and happy all day.....brilliant, best Christmas in along time.

Next year, I suppose we'll be back at the in-laws . Not that it's not nice, its just a bit more stressful.....

Here, Cal could retreat when he needed, to familiarity and do what he wanted. I kinda feel he's expected to take part in everything, though I insist he's allowed time out to chill at points at the OH's folks.... they love him to bits and are great with him, but don't always get his needs in ways that can avoid meltdowns or avoid him getting wound up.....

Anyway, sorry to see this Christmas pass by- we were up sooo late and it didn't even feel like it!

Not really looking forward to Hogmanay,it will be a sober affair this year and I always find the passing of another year a bit melancholic....part of its missing my folks, I suppose.....or maybe its just that as you get older you appreciate how fleeting time really is? Oo, I'm depressing, aren't I?

I do hope that 2010 is full of great things for all of you,

Esther XX