Teresa

Joint Pain

T walked home from college the other day it's not to far but it was very cold, she went to bed when she got home as she

was tired and aching, when she got up her knee was swollen a little and her elbow was very painful also she couldn't put

any weight on her leg, I give her some pain killer's and put a support bandage around her knee.That was friday and now we

are on sunday she's not been outside the door as it's still very painful. She does have a DX of Hyper moblie joint's and

suffer's with painful joint's all the time, also uses a lap top for college as she can't write for very long.

Was just wondering if anyone else with HMJ was having any problem's with this cold weather?

Teresa

Edited by Teresa

My joints have been a lot worse in the cold. I would still try and get it seen though as there might be some more effective pain management that could be tried. I have hypermobile joints and got a diagnosis of HMS just this morning :whistle: Hope that things get better for T soon >:D<<'>

I also have HMS, my pain is worse at the moment but not sure if that is due to the cold or the fact that I am pregnant, not helped that the strongest pain killer I can use right now is paracetamol!!!

Have you tried using heated wheat bags on the painful joints?

I don't have HMS, but have painful joints/bones for another reason. It's been particularly painful recently, but I don't know if this is because of the cold, because the condition is worsening, due to drug treatment changes or because I'm a stubborn mule who despite having a free bus pass still thinks 'oh it's not that far, I'll walk' and then severely regret it later.

I can't take any pain-killers at the moment so I find wheat bags you put in the microwave quite good, or the good old hot water bottle (which I find lasts much longer than the wheat bags, but more cumbersome). Also, I find if I can generally keep warm (something I'm not good at as I tend not to notice until I'm really cold that I'm cold) things are better, so at the moment I'm having regular hot drinks, making sure the heating is on, that I do have my jumper on, that I haven't left the window open (all things I wouldn't do instinctively).

T walked home from college the other day it's not to far but it was very cold, she went to bed when she got home as she

was tired and aching, when she got up her knee was swollen a little and her elbow was very painful also she couldn't put

any weight on her leg, I give her some pain killer's and put a support bandage around her knee.That was Friday and now we

are on Sunday she's not been outside the door as it's still very painful. She does have a DX of Hyper mobile joint's and

suffers with painful joint's all the time, also uses a lap top for college as she can't write for very long.

Was just wondering if anyone else with HMJ was having any problem's with this cold weather?

Teresa

Im not hypermobile but i know changes in the weather can affect HMS/EDS patients. How is she feeling today?

My carer wrote to the transport department of our council to get taxis arranged for me for my raynauds. We managed

after appealing to succeed in getting the transport arranged. It bugged me that the letters weren't addressed to me and

the service was called "home to school transport" ?

Thank you for all your reply's, just want to say she's still having problem's with her knee's can't bare much weight on

them, even though the cold weather as lifted. I have left it at the moment as she's taking some exam's and dislikes

going to see the GP. So i'm taking her and picking her up from college as much as i can in the mean time, I guess i

might wait until she ask's to see the GP, then it will be on her term's so to speak.

Teresa