Sign in to follow this  
desperate

exclusion appeal failure

Hi All

They have decided to ratify the permanent exclusion. on health and safety grounds.

He told someone he would find out where they lived and stab them. This was after they forced him to do sats and a young girl was stabbed along the road from us. It was a residential school and the LEA have already said that they won't look for another placement for him. They have offered 1-2 hours a week home ed.

His language skills are at age 4 and he is unable to go out side on his own because of his anxiety and hasn't been able to for 4 years. His futrue is very bleak and I can see no way forward for him.

I have written to our mp asking why there is no special state provision for these kids, forcing the LEA to pay large sums of money to independent schools only for them to exclude them as soon as they display any of the characteristics of the ASD that saw rthem there in the first place.

Oh Desperate >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I'm so, so sorry :(:tearful:

I hope someone like Nellie will have some good advice.

Take care, and thinking of you >:D<<'>

Bidx

That's very sad news, Desperate. I hope your MP might be able to help you. You're right - what's the point in schools that can't cater for the problems they're supposed to represent?

Karen

x

Hi blimey, I am sooo sorry, this must be awful for you, have you got onto ACE's exclusion help line 020 7704 9822 and what about IPSEA, also now faced with a permanent exclusion Social Services should've been contacted, if not by the LEA try and contact them yourselves. Also, every LEA should have an officer who deals with exclusions, try and get hold of this person, 1-2 hours is a joke, the LEA still have a responsiblity to provide suitable education>

I have just scanned back across your previous posts, and blimey you have had a time of things the NAS also have an exclusion helpline that might be able to help. And there is also the Disability Rights Council, I am not sure that the school or LEA have done everything they could've to avoid this situation, which is what they must do by law, it does not seem that any Pastoral Support Plan was put into place, this has to be done before exclusion, so as it becomes a multi-agency intervention, exclusion has to be the last resort.

I have a feeling though, that the LEA have found a way out of spending money, particurlary if there isn't much school time left for the child ... I wish I could be of more help, have you thought of emailing your story to the Daily Mail, if they are interested in Debbies story, your situation could help increase the interest in these problems ... just a suggestion.

HHxx

As far as I know the LEA have a duty to provide full-time equivalent home tutoring if no school can be found. Get advice from ACE or IPSEA.

Karen