Sign in to follow this  
Candyfloss

Should I text my neighobur about the lessons - would she get annoyed - please help?

My mum spoke to our neighbor about me having piano lesson round there. (the neighbors didnt really like me as they though i was strange a weird - stand outside their house for weeks etc..)

(i used to be a student at the pace that she works)

i sent her a message on fb about them not liking me and about my autism:/

- she has now blocked me

its been two years since then:

the woman piano teacher said could come round on Thursday mornings -

on Wednesday evening i texted her asking if it was still ok to come over and at what time...

me to her: Hi (her name) its (my name) from (number .....) Is it still ok to come over tomorrow for the piano lesson and if so, what time?

thank you (my name)

she replied:

Hi, at the moment tomorrow is likely to be a problem as i currently have no car - it got towed 2 the garage earlier so i need to try and sort that out. I hope your mum explained to you that I cannot commit to regular lessons but may do them when i can. Also please do not send messages to my facebook, cause im not allowed to reply - sorry, but its a (work policy) that we have no facebook friends who are currently or ex (work place) pupils. Maybe you didnt intend it, but your message did sound a bit ride! Thanks (my name).

I then replied:

Hi, (her name) sorry about the fb message - i realized it was rude:(

bad luck about the car

hope u can fit in some lessons soon:) (my name)

She then replied:

Ok (my name), thats no prob. Will hopefully speak 2 ur mum about times soon.

anyway:/ what should i do?

wait for her to speak to your mum as she said she would do.

but I think you'd be better finding alternative piano lessons TBH

Same here, better to start with an instructor that recognises and understands autism.

Same here, better to start with an instructor that recognises and understands autism.

I agree.

I only wish I could understand what is was about the message that the woman considered rude. It looked fine to me.

Regards,

Adam

I agree.

I only wish I could understand what is was about the message that the woman considered rude. It looked fine to me.

Regards,

Adam

the rude message was this one;

i sent her a message on fb about them not liking me and about my autism:/

not the text message

Oh, ok. Thanks for that, Kez.

Having piano teachers can be an expensive thing so, although the logical answer is to get a different one, if your mum can at smooth things over, it might be good to get what ever lessons this lady can offer before you start having to pay. But only if you feel completely comfortable with her. If money isn't an issue, definitely find one better suited to you.

Best wishes,

Adam