mygifts1306

I dont know what is wrong with me

I feel so down at present, could this be menopause I wonder? I am 35yrs old. My children behaviour is challenging i admit but why am i so depressed. I am on antidepressants just now on 10mg of citalopram. I try running and jogging but I am finding it difficult. What is wrong.

Jax

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling down. It is hard juggling children and every thing else isn't it? Do you feel able to speak to anyone about how you feel? Your doctor perhaps? They would also be able to tell you if there is anything else you can do apart from the exercise to help to make you feel better.Do you have the time to do something that you enjoy? We all need a bit of "me time" without feeling guilty about it.Sometimes having someone to talk to can help and the Samaritans are always at the end of the phone. Log on to here too. Your doctor can discuss your medication too. Hope you feel better soon, take care now,Ria x

Thanks Ria. Me time is a problem really. I spoke to my doctor and she says the medication can do that as i am trying to come of it. I have however considered if i am getting the menopause, i have since went for blood tests and await the result.

I will try to come here online, people here are such an inspiration

kind regards

Jax

Thanks Ria. Me time is a problem really. I spoke to my doctor and she says the medication can do that as i am trying to come of it. I have however considered if i am getting the menopause, i have since went for blood tests and await the result.

I will try to come here online, people here are such an inspiration

kind regards

Jax

I would suggest it sounds like stress and overwhelmed, the fact you dont get any me time is also another essential issues to look into, Its not impossible to have menapause at your age but its very rare, and you have been told by the gp that your medication could be causing it difficult to motivate yourself to run/exercise.

You could be entitled to the exercise on prespription where at your local gym you have a personal fittness trainer who can help motivate you and keep you on a routine fitness track.

I would look at trying to get some you time by having family/friends support you or an assessment from social services but I reserve my recommendation because the assessments are very very stressful too, but if you need the support you have to go throw them.

Councilling could be good, or a Adult education course such creative courses such as Art, crafts, Sculpturing ect....

Relaxtion, Meditation, look at your diet, is it healthy, carbs and protien, less caffine, sugars that kind of stuff.

And obvously routines and a good sleeping scedule can help too, im still working on mine so understand its hard putting into practice what you probably already know.

What is clear though is that you need more practical supportx

JsMumx

I feel so down at present, could this be menopause I wonder? I am 35yrs old. My children behaviour is challenging i admit but why am i so depressed. I am on antidepressants just now on 10mg of citalopram. I try running and jogging but I am finding it difficult. What is wrong.

Jax

Im also tackling my depression. i find having regular meals, drinking chamomile tea, taking mag, cal and b50s, taking omega oils

and being gluten free to be the most beneficial to my depression.

Has anything in particular happened that could have triggered this latest depressive episode?

http://www.autism.org.uk/directory/search-results/pg=1.aspx

The result of putting in respite care in Scotland into the NAS directory. In our area we offer a kidsitting circle

which could happen as a part of your local NAS group. Theres also an out of school club in my area for kids age

8 plus.

scotland@nas.org.uk for details of anything offered by the NAS in scotland.

It would include social groups for your kids or support groups for parents or post diagnosis groups

for parents.

http://www.autism.org.uk/our-services/supp...and-carers.aspx

Thank you very much Ria for your advice, after reading your reply I decided that I will not let myself dwell in this melancholy. So i decided to go to my parents in law house, they were out and I took their sheep dog for a 1hr walk. I had my Music and played Enya, had my sunglasses on and I really felt at peace with myself. I just tried to think of some positive things, and i thought about the fact that this year I lost half a stone and I felt good about it. The trouble with me is when I feel low I comfort eat, which is something i know i don’t need. Thanks a lot Trekster and JSMUM for all your comments. I have recently passed my driving test on the 8th attempt and that i feel shows that I was very patient, i have always felt “once i drive I will feel a bit happier”, but I sometimes shake a bit in the car and I really don’t want to give up after trying to pass for nearly 5 years. And that is another positive thing that happened to me this year., Also I got a place at the university but I am in the process of deferring this.

I have identified things causing me stress at present. We are due to go to Botswana in 2 weeks. All the four of us and we have had to have thyphoid and hep A vaccines. I worry how my family wil take my autistic child, I am sure they wont be a problem but I worry. I have so many things to sort out, because of his AS we did not talk about going on holiday and I have left things a bit late for getting organised, So i really need to get going with this. Its been 5 years since we went to Botswana, the reason why we did not go was DS2 who was born 3.5 years ago has severe allergies and is very petite and usually poorly and so susceptible to getting ill. Our Nurse asked if we are going to give the boys the flu jag, we declined as we feel they have survived the big freeze without it. I don’t mean to be horrible to the Brits reading this forum but sometimes Nurses/professionals can be so patronising and the minute they hear AFRiCA theyjust think “ famine, diseases, dirty food and dirty water”, Yes Botswana has its problems for example its the size of France with a population of 1 and a half million and there is HIV Aids, which has got nothing to do with the education, its just promiscuity from time to time.

My other issue is Malaria, I cant decide if we are better to get the treatment befor e we go. Ther e are so many controversies when it comes to it, especially for my little boy so I have to decide what to do. And my other worry is MMR, there is an outbreak of Measles just now inbotswans, as you know here in GB children get their mmr a around 4 and in botswna you get the single jag at 9 months because apparently it is not medically possible to catch measles b4 9 months, i know some1 and adult at 33 who got measles ( by the way she was immunised as a baby), she passed it on to her son who is 5 months, I worry about this that my son might get it. So i am planning to give him the single jag of Measles in Botswana because I know they give it, do you think he will be protected.

Its just worry worry about all these things. My oldest son has just finished P3, the one with autism, i should have done a holiday schedule for him and i haven’t done it, got it written out and will print it tomorrow, I sometimes feel like life is passing me by,

Thanks for reading and sorry for long post

Edited by mygifts1306

I've not heard anything controversial about malaria tablets before. But malaria can kill you. Taking a sickly child to a malarial region with no protection sounds very controversial to me.

I wouldn't have thought the measles vaccination could be effective immediately. Best person to ask has really got to be a doctor.

I know what you mean about skewed perceptions of Africa . I think the prevailing view here is that one should err on the side of caution. Apparently I still can't give blood as I am likely to be riddled with AIDS - after I've been here for 25 years and was never high risk!

When we went back to Zimbabwe to visit with my daughter we were urged to get all kinds of jabs as a precaution against various horrendous diseases. I refused as I grew up in the country and felt I knew the risks better than those who were advising me.

Malaria - it depends where you're going I think. Are you going to a high risk area? We often used to holiday in malaria areas and I ingested many malaria pills thoughout my childhood - they were disgusting. All of us took malaria tablets before visiting Victoria Falls with my daughter. What are the controversies?

Re all medication, I think you should seek an informed opinion from medical experts before you go from people who know the country. Try the London school of Tropical Medicine (I think it's called). The average GP is unlikely to be able to give up to date accurate advice.

K x

Check your diet.

I know that sounds really simplistic, but if you are busy, you can let things slip. I've always eaten well, or so I thought. But I've also suffered all my life from a variety of symptoms, including depression, which I thought was 'just me'. The last five years have been very stressful and I've been getting worse. I had a look at my diet and discovered my mineral intake was poor. My diet was OK, it wasn't varied enough. I tended to cook the same things and those things didn't include a wide range of vegetables. The large amount of exercise I was getting was making things worse. In my case it was magnesium that made the difference, but most other minerals needed a boost. The stressful stuff hasn't gone away, but I don't feel too tired to tackle them any more. Hope this helps.

cb

I know what you mean about skewed perceptions of Africa . I think the prevailing view here is that one should err on the side of caution. Apparently I still can't give blood as I am likely to be riddled with AIDS - after I've been here for 25 years and was never high risk!

When we went back to Zimbabwe to visit with my daughter we were urged to get all kinds of jabs as a precaution against various horrendous diseases. I refused as I grew up in the country and felt I knew the risks better than those who were advising me.

Malaria - it depends where you're going I think. Are you going to a high risk area? We often used to holiday in malaria areas and I ingested many malaria pills thoughout my childhood - they were disgusting. All of us took malaria tablets before visiting Victoria Falls with my daughter. What are the controversies?

Re all medication, I think you should seek an informed opinion from medical experts before you go from people who know the country. Try the London school of Tropical Medicine (I think it's called). The average GP is unlikely to be able to give up to date accurate advice.

K x

Kathryn is so right :thumbs: I think it would depend on if you would have had to take any such precautions when you lived there,if not why start now,if you did then go with it.

In South Africa they have high risk and low risk areas,only went to a high risk area once in my life and had to take the tablets. I think your boys immunity will differ from yours though as they have grown up here,so maybe better to take more precaution.I know a phillipine lady who took her 5 year old daughter home for a holiday and she got sick within two days,all the smells and the foods,she wasnt happy at all.not saying that will happen with your boys but their current environment plays a huge factor.

K x

Kathryn is so right :thumbs: I think it would depend on if you would have had to take any such precautions when you lived there,if not why start now,if you did then go with it.

In South Africa they have high risk and low risk areas,only went to a high risk area once in my life and had to take the tablets. I think your boys immunity will differ from yours though as they have grown up here,so maybe better to take more precaution.I know a phillipine lady who took her 5 year old daughter home for a holiday and she got sick within two days,all the smells and the foods,she wasnt happy at all.not saying that will happen with your boys but their current environment plays a huge factor.

I've not heard anything controversial about malaria tablets before. But malaria can kill you. Taking a sickly child to a malarial region with no protection sounds very controversial to me.

I wouldn't have thought the measles vaccination could be effective immediately. Best person to ask has really got to be a doctor.

the last time we were over we were advised it is better to get the symptoms before you get treatment because if you get treatment b4 you get ill it wil make you resistant to the drugs used for treating it in the even that you get it, like the old saying "you damned if you do it, you damned if you dont do it" I think i will get the malaria medicines for the boys,

K x

Thanks Kathryn for that, I have indicated what the controversies are in the reply i just sent, I have pretty much decided the boys will get the malaria treatment. We are planning to visit the high risk area, we will also get the nets as well, think Ikea sells them. We know some1 who is a doctor in botswana, i am actually going to ring him and see what he advices.

i should have done a holiday schedule for him and i haven’t done it,

If you want any help just pm me your email and Ill try and send you one using picure symbols.

Write a list of what you have to do for the trip.

Take a self made first aid kit, I watched Angela and friends and the doctor there gave a really good list of what to take on holidays.

Take maleria tablets just incase, but ensure you drink only bottled water that is bosted, at the top of the bottle, so you can be sure there new, and not just refilled by a tap and then resold.

what about homeopathy medications, but ensure you see a registered, trained doctor in homeopathy.

Im sure between us all here we can help you get to Botswana.

JsMumx

Thank you very much Ria for your advice, after reading your reply I decided that I will not let myself dwell in this melancholy. So i decided to go to my parents in law house, they were out and I took their sheep dog for a 1hr walk. I had my Music and played Enya, had my sunglasses on and I really felt at peace with myself. I just tried to think of some positive things, and i thought about the fact that this year I lost half a stone and I felt good about it. The trouble with me is when I feel low I comfort eat, which is something i know i don’t need. Thanks a lot Trekster and JSMUM for all your comments. I have recently passed my driving test on the 8th attempt and that i feel shows that I was very patient, i have always felt “once i drive I will feel a bit happier”, but I sometimes shake a bit in the car and I really don’t want to give up after trying to pass for nearly 5 years. And that is another positive thing that happened to me this year., Also I got a place at the university but I am in the process of deferring this.

I have identified things causing me stress at present. We are due to go to Botswana in 2 weeks. All the four of us and we have had to have thyphoid and hep A vaccines. I worry how my family wil take my autistic child, I am sure they wont be a problem but I worry. I have so many things to sort out, because of his AS we did not talk about going on holiday and I have left things a bit late for getting organised, So i really need to get going with this. Its been 5 years since we went to Botswana, the reason why we did not go was DS2 who was born 3.5 years ago has severe allergies and is very petite and usually poorly and so susceptible to getting ill. Our Nurse asked if we are going to give the boys the flu jag, we declined as we feel they have survived the big freeze without it. I don’t mean to be horrible to the Brits reading this forum but sometimes Nurses/professionals can be so patronising and the minute they hear AFRiCA theyjust think “ famine, diseases, dirty food and dirty water”, Yes Botswana has its problems for example its the size of France with a population of 1 and a half million and there is HIV Aids, which has got nothing to do with the education, its just promiscuity from time to time.

My other issue is Malaria, I cant decide if we are better to get the treatment befor e we go. Ther e are so many controversies when it comes to it, especially for my little boy so I have to decide what to do. And my other worry is MMR, there is an outbreak of Measles just now inbotswans, as you know here in GB children get their mmr a around 4 and in botswna you get the single jag at 9 months because apparently it is not medically possible to catch measles b4 9 months, i know some1 and adult at 33 who got measles ( by the way she was immunised as a baby), she passed it on to her son who is 5 months, I worry about this that my son might get it. So i am planning to give him the single jag of Measles in Botswana because I know they give it, do you think he will be protected.

Its just worry worry about all these things. My oldest son has just finished P3, the one with autism, i should have done a holiday schedule for him and i haven’t done it, got it written out and will print it tomorrow, I sometimes feel like life is passing me by,

Thanks for reading and sorry for long post

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your walk. Is this something you will able to do more regularly? When are you going on holiday? Hopefully once you are there you will be able to enjoy it as all the preparation will be behind you. I'm not the brightest on the planet and can't give you any advice, but I just wanted you to know that I wish you well. x